Home

I've finally figured out why DEs don't get pressure

This is a discussion on I've finally figured out why DEs don't get pressure within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2011, 01:58 AM   #17
All Star

mikenoob's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: I've finally figured out why DEs don't get pressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Yea Cullen Jenkins is a complete monster this year.

Still bitter that the Pack didn't keep him :/
Wow, I was just using the eagles earlier and he really is a beast. He got me the 10 sacks trophy single handedly in a default 8 minute all-pro game.
Old 09-03-2011, 02:15 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 5
Nice observation poster; here's another thought in addition

Nice post. The reasoning for this is mainly the automated interactionary process that begins between the OT's and the DE's at the snap of the ball. NCAA has had the simulated interactions since I can remember and Madden just added them this year.

I always liked the fact that Madden allowed their cpu DE's to do their moves freely, based on their ratings. On ocassion I have seen a spectular DE swim past a tackle for a sack or knockdown, but not like previous Maddens.

Oh well, there are numerous improvements to this year's version that people may take for granted. For example, coffin corner punting happens sometimes with the cpu and THE CPU USES THE APPROPRIATE DEFENSIVE FORMATION BASED ON THE OFFENSE'S PERSONEL. Madden has never had these two additions in my memory and NCAA does not have either of these crucial additions either!
Old 09-03-2011, 02:16 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

I not so sure if it's not just the line blocking is better I have seen Peppers who has a high FSM just become unblockable great that you are doing the research for us but I think it's more. Perhaps you could try several different De against the same tackle and see what that produces. I will look at some Power DE and let you know what I found against the same tackle interesting point you just don't get pressure from that spot this year....
Old 09-03-2011, 02:35 AM   #20
Rookie

Shankssta's Arena

OVR: 0

It's hilarious when I user control a good NT like BJ Raji or Vince Wilfork. They just toss the center or guard as soon as the ball is snapped and do the same to the next guy trying to block them.

I also noticed that running backs will usually always pick up somebody. I have never seen a running back miss a block.
Old 09-03-2011, 02:57 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 19

after some testing im leaning towards it having to do with the strength rating having a huge impact on the power move rating and allowing DTs to destroy the line.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2011, 03:30 AM   #22
Rookie

permanent1's Arena

OVR: 8

Dunno i tested this by creating a 99 ovr DE and set his traits up as:
Has spin move=yes
Has swim move=yes
Has power move=yes

Could not for the life of me do a thing i just kept getting shoved backwards and down to the ground,i could just do nothing so i went back in after testing that and turned off swim move and spin move and now i beat the OT atleast 90% of the time it went from being impossible to really easy.
Old 09-03-2011, 05:05 AM   #23
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus
after some testing im leaning towards it having to do with the strength rating having a huge impact on the power move rating and allowing DTs to destroy the line.
Yea, I forgot to mention that the strength rating also has a big impact on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by permanent1
Dunno i tested this by creating a 99 ovr DE and set his traits up as:
Has spin move=yes
Has swim move=yes
Has power move=yes

Could not for the life of me do a thing i just kept getting shoved backwards and down to the ground,i could just do nothing so i went back in after testing that and turned off swim move and spin move and now i beat the OT atleast 90% of the time it went from being impossible to really easy.
Good to know. This just further supports my findings, unfortunately.

Maybe EA can provide a tuner?

Also, to whoever said Peppers has been unblockable at some points with finesse moves, I'll have to take a look at this. As it's pretty late, I'll get back to you on that tomorrow.
Old 09-03-2011, 06:11 AM   #24
Rookie

permanent1's Arena

OVR: 8

Also i went in and made the opposite DE which was mario williams who i put back at DE and gave him nothing but power moves and now hes getting pressure and sacks as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »