Home

Any tips for Madden Ultimate Team/Coin Collecting?

This is a discussion on Any tips for Madden Ultimate Team/Coin Collecting? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2011, 12:28 PM   #1
Rookie

alangst's Arena

OVR: 1
Any tips for Madden Ultimate Team/Coin Collecting?

So far, I've been able to get around 200 coins for every online game I've played ( I stink, so I'm guessing some better players would be able to get more), and if I play a MUT exhibition game vs. the CPU I get around 1000 coins/game.

Anyone have better ways to get coins?

I do know that you get a 3000 coin bonus if you link to an nfl.com fantasy league. Creating a bogus league takes about 2 minutes.

I kinda like playing with such scrub players (Tony Pike is my QB), but I wish there were a way to use your MUT in a franchise instead of just exhibition games. Also, it would be nice if they gave coins in other modes of the game, but it seems like they are encouraging people to buy there coins.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2011, 01:12 PM   #2
Pro

der juicen's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Any tips for Madden Ultimate Team/Coin Collecting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alangst
So far, I've been able to get around 200 coins for every online game I've played ( I stink, so I'm guessing some better players would be able to get more), and if I play a MUT exhibition game vs. the CPU I get around 1000 coins/game.

Anyone have better ways to get coins?

I do know that you get a 3000 coin bonus if you link to an nfl.com fantasy league. Creating a bogus league takes about 2 minutes.

I kinda like playing with such scrub players (Tony Pike is my QB), but I wish there were a way to use your MUT in a franchise instead of just exhibition games. Also, it would be nice if they gave coins in other modes of the game, but it seems like they are encouraging people to buy there coins.
Coins seem to be given in all online modes. Head to Head, OTP, MUT.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:08 PM   #3
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

You're just going to have to grind it out a little longer with your team to build up some coinage. From there, filling the coach collections will give you 50,000 coins combined; so you'll have some wiggle room there. Buy a couple packs from there and you'll probably get a guy good enough that someone will buy him off the Auction Block. Then the cycle continues. Have fun, and good luck!
Old 09-02-2011, 09:57 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
You're just going to have to grind it out a little longer with your team to build up some coinage. From there, filling the coach collections will give you 50,000 coins combined; so you'll have some wiggle room there. Buy a couple packs from there and you'll probably get a guy good enough that someone will buy him off the Auction Block. Then the cycle continues. Have fun, and good luck!
Except because of the changes in the auction it will cost you 50,000 to get all the coaches (yes that's the minimum price you can buy them on the AH) so you gain nothing by filling the collection. And good luck selling a player even if you get a decent one; there are 75-100 of every player clogging the AH most selling for the minimum allowed and it's still too expensive so they don't sell.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:35 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Wait until some more collections are released.....or maybe you should wait and see if people are even playing the mode in a couple months because at this point it looks totally screwed up. While MUT 11' was flawed, there was no reason to completely blow it up, especially since there seems to be really no direction for the mode this year. At this point, at least, the entire in-game "economy" is out of whack.

I put that first, because there were many strategies/tips from last year to really build your team. I don't even know how much time I sunk into the game - it took months to build a 99ovr team without using real money, farming or selling coins over value online.

So if your stuck grinding this year.....I'd play the CPU. Play 5 minute qtrs (even use the runoff) the difference in coins earned is so minimal I prefer the shorter games to get them over with and move on to the next. If youre just looking for coins (not a challenge) you can also tweek the sliders, so you get more coins on All-Madden yet it is easy to destroy the CPU. Also turn fatigue off - to avoid having players come in for a couple plays and waste a contract. Also run your contracts down to zero.....at this point you should just be cycling through players. These bronze and silver guys won't be the guys you want to build your team around, so don't waste contracts on them.
To me that would be the best way to grind it out.....build some coins and hopefully, as I said, the economy fixes itself or they release something like the rookie collection last year that you can build from cheaper packs and get a ton of coins as the reward.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »