Home

Releasing 1st round rookies ??

This is a discussion on Releasing 1st round rookies ?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2011, 09:39 AM   #9
Banned

Manning2Harrison's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Releasing 1st round rookies ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMRock
Any idea if this is related to using NCAA imports or does it happen with the default Madden draft classes too? I'm only 3 regular season games into my franchise but everytime I see this stuff I keep thinking I should restart again using all 32 teams. I just hate having to do that, its fun to try and make trades with the CPU teams sometimes, even though they are kinda horrible at it hehe.
Has nothing to do with classes and everything to do with the cut, re-signing, and FA signing logic being garbage.

After starting a 32 team franchise, you can set all of the management functions for the other 31 teams to CPU. That will make it so the only thing you'll need to do for the other teams is cut all of the fake guys at the beginning of the preseason. Those fakes will disappear after being cut and not go into the FA pool, and the CPU teams will then be forced to sign real players from the FA pool to fill their rosters.

While it's true that you could cheese trades, if you care enough to use this method to get rid of the fakes, then you probably also care enough to "keep it real" when making trades. Set up the trade, hit execute, and you'll asked "do both users accept this trade?" Hit yes and the trade is done.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:36 AM   #10
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning2Harrison
Has nothing to do with classes and everything to do with the cut, re-signing, and FA signing logic being garbage.

After starting a 32 team franchise, you can set all of the management functions for the other 31 teams to CPU. That will make it so the only thing you'll need to do for the other teams is cut all of the fake guys at the beginning of the preseason. Those fakes will disappear after being cut and not go into the FA pool, and the CPU teams will then be forced to sign real players from the FA pool to fill their rosters.

While it's true that you could cheese trades, if you care enough to use this method to get rid of the fakes, then you probably also care enough to "keep it real" when making trades. Set up the trade, hit execute, and you'll asked "do both users accept this trade?" Hit yes and the trade is done.
Ya I might end up doing this. I saw you wrote a nice guide. Maybe once some solid rosters are out after week 1 of the regular season they normally have some solid rosters out. I will try and start a new franchise this way.

I wonder if with the IR they will release rosters that have IR players on them as well as all the active 53 players? Like the Lion rookie HB that blew out his achilles would he be on new rosters on the IR and the Lions still have the other 53 players on their roster on top of that.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:49 AM   #11
Banned

Manning2Harrison's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMRock
Ya I might end up doing this. I saw you wrote a nice guide. Maybe once some solid rosters are out after week 1 of the regular season they normally have some solid rosters out. I will try and start a new franchise this way.

I wonder if with the IR they will release rosters that have IR players on them as well as all the active 53 players? Like the Lion rookie HB that blew out his achilles would he be on new rosters on the IR and the Lions still have the other 53 players on their roster on top of that.
If IR is working now it should be a separate category from the 53 man rosters so the update should be active + IR. If the IR guys are missing, then we'll have to CAP them for 2012.

In the past there's been an option to undo pre-existing injuries, and I'm wondering what impact doing that will have with the IR players if they're included. Would you be able to cut an active player and put the "unhurt" player on the active roster? Or will IR players stay on IR and the "undo" only work for those not on IR?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2011, 11:49 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning2Harrison
Some of these fakes, the CPU will see as 85-95? during the preseason. It thinks it's getting a player that will be in the 85-95 range, so it keeps that fake player on the roster while cutting real players with a lower rating.
I've often wondered why it has the rating that high? What's the odds a scout or team will evaluate someone who wasn't drafted as a solid starter to pro-bowl caliber player?

I like the fact the ratings are slowly revealed, but for a undrafted player, that's just too high. It should be the other way, project him to be marginal to maybe average (65?, 70?) and have the chance to surprise by being solid or better - if you're willing to stay patient and take the risk.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:53 AM   #13
Banned

Manning2Harrison's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I've often wondered why it has the rating that high? What's the odds a scout or team will evaluate someone who wasn't drafted as a solid starter to pro-bowl caliber player?

I like the fact the ratings are slowly revealed, but for a undrafted player, that's just too high. It should be the other way, project him to be marginal to maybe average (65?, 70?) and have the chance to surprise by being solid or better - if you're willing to stay patient and take the risk.
Sadly, you are too smart to work for EA.
Old 09-03-2011, 12:19 PM   #14
Rookie

straylight3's Arena

OVR: 3

I hate how Pryor is always cut
Old 09-03-2011, 01:53 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 0
So, from the sounds of things, I shouldn't start a franchise until this gets patched? After just a few seasons, all the rosters are going to be screwed up?

Sent using common sense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2011, 02:00 PM   #16
Banned

Manning2Harrison's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageWonder
So, from the sounds of things, I shouldn't start a franchise until this gets patched? After just a few seasons, all the rosters are going to be screwed up?

Sent using common sense.
The CPU rosters will be royally screwed up if you do a single-user franchise.

Might not get patched. Best option is to start your franchise with 32 team control, but with all of the franchise options, except cut players, set to CPU for the other 31 teams. That way you won't have to do anything for the other teams except cut the fakes, which will disappear instead of going into the FA pool.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »