Home

Releasing 1st round rookies ??

This is a discussion on Releasing 1st round rookies ?? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 09-05-2011, 09:17 AM   #65
Rookie

Ike Slider2's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Releasing 1st round rookies ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMRock
There is not that much turnover in the NFL every year that is crazy. How many undrafted free agents ever make it on teams? I wonder what the percentage is?

Look at backup HB and QB, WR they stick around for years. Batch still is a backup on the Steeler and he has been around for ages.
Gennerally each team invites 20-30 udfas or 1 yr players and usually no more than 4 usually 2-3 players make the team
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2011, 09:22 AM   #66
Rookie

jenglund's Arena

OVR: 7

John Clayton tweeted this a couple of days ago:

"In the cutdown to 53, 62 undrafted players made the rosters. That's surprisingly high. Last year, 51 made opening day rosters."

And followed that with:

"There were 208 draft choices who made rosters as of Saturday from this year's draft. A few have and will be cut before opening day."
Old 09-05-2011, 09:29 AM   #67
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenglund
John Clayton tweeted this a couple of days ago:

"In the cutdown to 53, 62 undrafted players made the rosters. That's surprisingly high. Last year, 51 made opening day rosters."

And followed that with:

"There were 208 draft choices who made rosters as of Saturday from this year's draft. A few have and will be cut before opening day."
Even 62 is only a average of around 1.94 players per team. Currently the CPU is keeping way more than that, and they are obviously sucky compaired to other players they could have kept or even signed off FA market. Thats where my grind is. Ya they may keep 2 undrafted players per team but they keep those players in the real NFL because they performed better than some vet or draft pick they might have had!!!
Old 09-05-2011, 10:18 AM   #68
MVP

OVR: 1

its getting old about we will fix it.

so i started a 9ers chise. start of season sopoaga goes on ir, gore goes on ir, fa westbrook goes on ir. vereen i sign and paea. i could have signed others.

but here is another radical idea. there is a 300+ LE with a 68 ovr and 90 odd str. as i wanted a NT for 3-4 i was thinking heavier but maybe use him in nickel. changed him to a DT. How many other things could the cpu do to keep picks. i always troll for back up des who are 6 3 plus and 270 plus as situational nickel players. great source of these are olbs who in reality are perfect des for this. dont see many des who are higher rated olbs
Old 09-05-2011, 12:13 PM   #69
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Hopefully in a patch EA changes all unknown ratings to starting at 0? for undrafted players. Every week they get a bump up, maybe going into week 4 they'll be in the 60? range and those still left you have to choose to roll the dice and cut a vet or not. This way, the only players cut during the preason are either UDFA or really crappy vets.

If the CPU really does cut players based off the OVR, then going into week 4 only about 4 UDFA should be on each team and from there only a couple should make it max. Of course, the other issue is teams not filling up the roster during the offseason. I don't see why EA can't make teams roster at least 53 players going into the draft, that way teams would have 60-63 players entering the preseason and only 10-13 UDFA would be created for the team.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:48 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMRock
There is not that much turnover in the NFL every year that is crazy. How many undrafted free agents ever make it on teams? I wonder what the percentage is?

Look at backup HB and QB, WR they stick around for years. Batch still is a backup on the Steeler and he has been around for ages.
About 20% of NFL players in any given season were UDFA's at one time. 11 of NFLN's top 100 players of 2011, as selected by the players, were UDFA's (Harrison, Cribbs, Welker, Gates etc).

Regardless, I do think Madden has missed the mark here. They have the right idea, but it's been implemented in a clunky way that doesn't really emulate the real NFL. First, the udfa's they have in the game are probably much worse (based on ratings) than the ones that actually make NFL rosters every season. Second, they probably have too many of them making teams. While 20% of the league is made up of udfa's, that is a cumulative effect where 50-70 udfa's make teams over a number of years, not 100+ in one season.
Old 09-05-2011, 04:11 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by straylight3
I hate how Pryor is always cut
I signed him up straight away. 5yr deal. He is my starting QB as Grossman is too inconsistant for me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2011, 07:52 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 0

A concern of mine is, which I haven't seen mentioned in this thread, do the udfa's in the game have the potential to develop into impact NFLers like real life former udfa's like Antonio Gates, James Harrison, Kurt Warner, Wes Welker, Adam Vinateri, Josh Cribbs, Jason Peters, Vonta Leach etc? To put it another way, is it even possible for an udfa who is rated 50-60 overall to even become a star player in Madden? If not, then this is an issue. On the same note, if multiple udfa's, on cpu controlled teams, can't develop into stars in Madden, then the udfa system is not good because it's not even close to the NFL.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »