Home

Playmakers don't feel like Playmakers.

This is a discussion on Playmakers don't feel like Playmakers. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2011, 08:47 PM   #1
Banned

codyj123_321's Arena

OVR: 7
Playmakers don't feel like Playmakers.

I was playing ultimate team with the Vick card from when he was on the cover, and i didn't feel like he was an explosive playmaker. I would try to avoid pressure and run away but he didn't seem that fast and that's with the speed threshold at 0. I feel guys like Vick, CJ, Jackson, etc.. should feel explosive and actually be game changers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2011, 08:53 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Playmakers don't feel like Playmakers.

I 100% agree with this. Last year Jamaal Charles was my go to guy. If I needed a big play, I knew he could do something for me. In madden 12 he consistently gets caught by defensive linemen and linebackers on the outside for 3 yard rushes. I've broken maybe 4 30+ yard runs with him. Everyone on the field seems to be equally fast, strong, and agile.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:30 PM   #3
Pro

baller7345's Arena

OVR: 5

I've broken off about 5 40 yard runs with Ryan Grant so I can only imagine what I'd be able to do with someone with elite speed.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:33 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick23
I 100% agree with this. Last year Jamaal Charles was my go to guy. If I needed a big play, I knew he could do something for me. In madden 12 he consistently gets caught by defensive linemen and linebackers on the outside for 3 yard rushes. I've broken maybe 4 30+ yard runs with him. Everyone on the field seems to be equally fast, strong, and agile.
There is something broken with pursuit. You can take a guy like Pryor or Vick and run parallel to the LOS and they get chased down by random DEs with speed ratings in the 70s. Same with RBs. Only after they get a 20 yard head start is where you start to see real separation.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:45 PM   #5
Pro

That's because the last couple of year's Madden had a problem with speed. As soon as u hit the open hole or had a wide opening you were gone. Smh, I'm glad they addressed this issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2011, 09:51 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoonie05
That's because the last couple of year's Madden had a problem with speed. As soon as u hit the open hole or had a wide opening you were gone. Smh, I'm glad they addressed this issue.
I agree with this, but defensive lineman should not be catching 98 speed jamaal Charles from behind
Old 09-03-2011, 09:54 PM   #7
Pro

If he gets u on an angle it's possible but I doubt he'll catch running vertical.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:57 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoonie05
If he gets u on an angle it's possible but I doubt he'll catch running vertical.
Even in the demo, Knox and Hester were getting run down by Matthews.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »