Home

The Spin move in Madden

This is a discussion on The Spin move in Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2011, 05:17 AM   #1
Rookie

maccerbiggie's Arena

OVR: 1
Exclamation The Spin move in Madden

Personally, I think this option should be taken out entirely. YES, ENTIRELY!

When was the last time in football, that your coach told you to spin away from a defender when you're running with the ball. NEVER. Because if you're coach has half a sense, he will in fact teach you to NEVER spin. The only time you will find yourself doing a 360 spin on the football field when running with the ball is when you reach contact, someone maybe delivers a hit, and due to you being able to maintain contact, you spin off the hit. Or at best, just before being wrapped up, stick a hand out and attempt to spin around the defender.

THAT IS IT!!

Never at any level of football have I seen someone do -

Take a hand-off
Bounce to the outside
Run down the sideline
Mid run, SPIN!!!

Frustrates me ALOT when I see clips of Madden and NCAA, where there is a spin because it looks so so so so bad. It looks like something you would see on NFL Street or something.

Does anyone agree? I would love the Devs to see this so they could maybe take it into consideration. I mean c'mon, seriously ask yourself, when did you last see somebody doing a spin, mid run.

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2011, 05:54 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: The Spin move in Madden

anything exploitable or gimmicky EA is keeping in. It makes the little kids happy.
Old 06-18-2011, 06:09 AM   #3
Banned

We've had this conversation already. I bet you use it though lol.
Old 06-18-2011, 07:37 AM   #4
Rookie

maccerbiggie's Arena

I forget that I even have it at my disposal. I'm more of a hit/truck stick kinda guy.
Old 06-18-2011, 07:45 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 11

It should definitely be massively reworked. Right now, it's a ridiculously overpowered move that looks nothing like what you see on Sundays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2011, 08:41 AM   #6
Rookie

mazinkaiser's Arena

OVR: 0

I don't know why this is even in the game. There's only two players that I can think of that used the spin move all the time. Barry Sanders and Robert Newhouse.
Old 06-18-2011, 11:11 AM   #7
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

I agree. It should only be a move that can be triggered to break a tackle right after contact. You should not be able to just spin in the middle of the field. Definitely not spin in the open field and cover the distance that the spin currently does.

This has been a complaint by many since they reworked the spin on last gen (you used to only be able to spin in place to avoid tackles, not spin several yards in a desired direction), and it still has not been changed, so...
Old 06-18-2011, 11:38 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 7

Why would you remove the spin move from Madden completely! the spin move is used every Sunday in most football games, maybe not like in Madden where you perform a perfect 360 spin at any time, but the spin move to some degree is one of the most used moves in football. The spin move needs to be reworked, but not complety removed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »