Home

I Fixed the Imported Draft! (No P/K in first round, no Carolina taking a QB)

This is a discussion on I Fixed the Imported Draft! (No P/K in first round, no Carolina taking a QB) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2011, 03:24 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: I Fixed the Imported Draft! (No P/K in first round, no Carolina taking a QB)

Awesome and it doesnt take too long...and only have to do it for 4 seasons...after that madden generated and ncaa generated is a crap shoot because of no real players
Old 09-04-2011, 03:28 PM   #18
MVP

drlw322's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: I Fixed the Imported Draft! (No P/K in first round, no Carolina taking a QB)

Not to rain on your parade but you'll still end up with a bunch of guys looking like this in the video below. Because the fictional draft class in madden is all hand made so they look right, but the UDFA players are created in the game by the CPU they are mostly messed up like the video. Same with the import draft class, when you import them over the CPU creates these players thats why they all look wrong. If you check the UDFA the CPU generates in game you'll see what i'm talking about.

One other problem would be that most of the birthday in the imports are in the 50's which can lead to different issues. the fictional draft class have the right birthdays.

I still think the best solution is to match the real life player with the fictional draft class in game by changing their name to someone similar in weight and height and round drafted.

here is the resource link
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...kings/TSX/2012

Last edited by drlw322; 09-04-2011 at 03:31 PM.
Old 09-04-2011, 03:28 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 0

good job bro
Old 09-04-2011, 03:32 PM   #20
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlw322
Not to rain on your parade but you'll still end up with a bunch of guys looking like this in the video below. Because the fictional draft class in madden is all hand made so they look right, but the UDFA players are created in the game by the CPU they are mostly messed up like the video. Same with the import draft class, when you import them over the CPU creates these players thats why they all look wrong. If you check the UDFA the CPU generates in game you'll see what i'm talking about.

One other problem would be that most of the birthday in the imports are in the 50's which can lead to different issues. the fictional draft class have the right birthdays.

I still think the best solution is to match the real life player with the fictional draft class in game by changing their name to someone similar in weight and height and round drafted.

here is the resource link
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...kings/TSX/2012

For what it's worth, the QB I drafted from one of Madden's generated draft classes has the weirdest looking hair I've ever seen. That **** glows.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 09-04-2011, 03:35 PM   #21
The Living Legend

LivingLegend's Arena

OVR: 14

Did you see the CPU releasing players that it shouldn't? I'm using this method to see how close our results are and I'll post. But from the looks of it the CPU kept the players they should have using this method.
Chicago Blackhawks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2011, 03:37 PM   #22
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

I loved franchise mode already before this, but man, this just brought it to another level being able to use my draft classes now.

Gotta say thanks again
Old 09-04-2011, 03:38 PM   #23
Pro

Thelorn's Arena

OVR: 16

Has anyone tried messing with the QB tab for teams that need a back up? I was thinking of trying it around 50 or 70 for teams that could really use a back up instead of 100 or 0.
Old 09-04-2011, 03:42 PM   #24
The Living Legend

LivingLegend's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelorn
Has anyone tried messing with the QB tab for teams that need a back up? I was thinking of trying it around 50 or 70 for teams that could really use a back up instead of 100 or 0.
I'm testing that out right now. If a team needs a defenite back up like the Ravens, Jets, ect. Then I have it set to 50.

If a team has a veteran backup that has a chance of leaving for FA/may need another QB in case I have it set to 40. I'm about to sim the draft.
Chicago Blackhawks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »