Home

Is the "Swat" button working for anyone?

This is a discussion on Is the "Swat" button working for anyone? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2011, 02:38 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Is the "Swat" button working for anyone?

Maybe it's me but is anyone else finding the "Swat" button completely useless when playing D in the secondary. My defenders either go for a catch (a stupid hip catch at that no matter the situation) or don't do anything. I can't seem to stop any jump balls at all with swat. The WR/DB interaction when the ball is in the air is by far the weakest part of an otherwise solid game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2011, 02:40 PM   #2
Banned

Trag3dy's Arena

Re: Is the "Swat" button working for anyone?

Eh... hard for me to say. DBs this year (and occasionally last year) seem to pretty much do what they want, even when you take control of them.
Old 09-04-2011, 02:42 PM   #3
Banned

Yeah, I would like to not have to switch and take control, but when the A.I. controls them..it seems the animations and decisions are even worse.
Old 09-04-2011, 04:10 PM   #4
Rookie

Uncle Way's Arena

OVR: 8

It definitely works.. I use it all the time when I switch to defend a streak or post and the WR has a step or two on me.. The DB jumps up and throws one hand at the ball to bat it down..

It's far more reliable than switching, strafing and then going for the INT like I was able to consistently do in M10 and M11.. Going for the pick with Triangle/Y almost always get's me burned now unless the ball is just floating in the air for a while..
Old 09-04-2011, 04:25 PM   #5
Rookie

Wrecktum's Arena

OVR: 4

I have been having a lot of success swatting the ball, but it seems like I have to push the button a bit earlier than in previous games. NCAA is the same way as far as I can tell. I agree that it is more reliable than strafing and going for the interception.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2011, 04:31 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

I've had major success swatting balls versus making a play on it with the catch button. Like others mentioned trying to catch it leads to me getting burned on the play because the DBs attempt at catching is so weak, may have to do with DBs jump/catch ratings.
Old 09-04-2011, 04:41 PM   #7
Pro

JWR3232's Arena

OVR: 5

swat button works for me when i get to use it...normally when i switch to seconary after pass my player stops running and i give up the catch..gotta stop switching
Rutgers Scarlet Knights
Old 09-04-2011, 05:48 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

I think this has a realistic effect on the game. no longer can DB's just strafe and get the ball, they will now get burned unless the ball is completely underthrown. But the swat button definitely works if you have proper position

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »