Home

Stacked Draft Classes & Undrafted Rookies

This is a discussion on Stacked Draft Classes & Undrafted Rookies within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2011, 07:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Stacked Draft Classes & Undrafted Rookies

I simulated my first season, played out the second, and have just wrapped up the pre-season before my third. Browsing through teams, I made a fairly startling discovery: there are 26 rookie CBs rated 90 or higher.

Seriously. And that doesn't count all of the high-80's out there.

The Cowboys, for instance, have three rookie cornerbacks rated 99, 98, and 92. There are six teams that have at least two of these guys. To make matters worse, the MAJORITY of them are undrafted rookies. Those three guys on the Cowboys? All of them are undrafted players.

So, I suppose my first question would be, when you're browsing Roster Management in Franchise mode, are those the true ratings being shown or is that supposed to be what your scouting department believes them to me? If that is the case, well, then scouting must be pretty useless if my scouts think there are that many cornerbacks of that caliber. And if that isn't what it means and these are the true ratings, uh...

Well...

What is going on here?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2011, 07:54 PM   #2
Rookie

imskykid's Arena

Re: Stacked Draft Classes & Undrafted Rookies

Are those ratings red and happen to have little question marks next to them, akin to something like this 96?
Old 09-04-2011, 07:56 PM   #3
Rookie

No. They're white like all the other players. Their potential rating is hidden, but that's just because I'm not looking at my own roster.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:59 PM   #4
Rookie

Okay, I take that back. Seven of them have the little yellow ratings with question marks. The remaining ones are all regular white.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:01 PM   #5
Rookie

imskykid's Arena

That is not a good sign. Are you using imported draft classes or Madden generated ones?

Try either A) simming to the regular season and seeing if they are still rated that high, or B) go in to edit the player and tab over to see their true rating and see if it's lower.

I can't say for certain, but I think I remember seeing some UDFAs on other teams as solid white numbers, but it wasn't reflecting their true rating. Maybe a visual glitch?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2011, 08:05 PM   #6
Rookie

Maybe it is just a visual glitch. If instead of looking at the specific team I sort by ALL NFL and CBs, it doesn't show any of those players. But then if I go back to those teams, their ratings appear again.

Here's what I mean:

(Sorry, the guys on the Cowboys are actually 99, 96, and 89 -- TV is in the other room, memory skipped a beat there on the 99, 98, 92. Close enough.)

And no, it isn't an imported class.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:07 PM   #7
Rookie

imskykid's Arena

It must be. I've been using the Madden classes and I've simmed through year 8 and havent noticed an issue. See what they look like when the regular season starts.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:08 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by imskykid
B) go in to edit the player and tab over to see their true rating and see if it's lower.
The guy it lists as a 99 is a 77 if I do that. Very interesting. I guess it's either supposed to be displaying the little question mark rating but isn't, or there's just some other bug causing it to display the wrong number.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »