Home

What Happened to EA Sports?

This is a discussion on What Happened to EA Sports? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2011, 08:16 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
What Happened to EA Sports?

I have been a loyal customer to EA Sports and only use to purchase EA products because I was a loyal customer. However in the last few years their products have not been worth purchasing. Everyone here knows what I am talking about. Does anyone know of a place that I can send a complaint either an address, email address, or phone number?

What I am fed up with is the fact that I can not play Madden 12 without it freezing every 5 to 10 minutes. Ncaa is unplayable with all of the bugs and glitches. I'm through with EA but of course next year we will all still purchase there games that are not really worth buying.

I am currently chatting with one of there customer service reps online, please read what it is about and tell me this is crap.

Kuldeep: Hi, my name is Kuldeep. How may I help you?
800443185: Do you have an email address where I can send a complaint to
Kuldeep: Do you wish to report against a cheater in the game ?
800443185: no, products that EA create and sell to their consumers that do not work
Kuldeep: If you run across a game element that doesn't seem quite right, you can send us a bug report. The Report a Bug option is located in both the in-game menu and in the links at the top right (Manage Account, Display Settings, Sign Out, Report a Bug, Provide Feedback) of the main web site.

Once you click Report a Bug, select the feature from the drop-down menu that reflects where you noticed the issue. Then, type in a brief description of the issue in question and click the Submit button.
800443185: well there are to many bugs to report
800443185: I am just going to stop purchasing EA products, I have been a loyal customer of there since the 90's and only use to buy there products, but in recent years there products are junk
Kuldeep: I understand your frustration from your end, could you please let me know the issue that you are facing ?
800443185: Where to start, the games lack detail, freezing issues, so many bugs and glitches that the modes are unplayable. EA has started to fall apart since 2006, there last year of producing playable, fun, and enjoyable games.
800443185: I think this is there reasoning, we are the only ones who produce football games, so lets just make a game, who cares how it plays because the consumers are still going to purchase it
Kuldeep: Were you able to run the game without this issue before?
800443185: I just played Madden 12 for 10 minutes and in that 10 minutes it froze 2 times
800443185: I have also purchased NCAA Football 12 when it came out and I am not able to play or enjoy the game because I am waiting for the patch to come out which is taking to long
Kuldeep: Are you getting any error message?
800443185: and even with that patch it probably will not be as good of a game that they use to make
800443185: no error messages just freezes
Kuldeep: Did you try to run the game disc on any other PS3 ?
800443185: If your trying to say that it is my PS3 you are wrong, reading message boards all of these games to do. It is not the game systems it is the games it self and EA Sports not making a product worth enough to purchase
Kuldeep: No, if you facing the same issue on any other console, the game disc might be corrupted and you can get replacement with new game disc.
800443185: Then they need to replace every game that they shipped out!

When you submit a response it says that they are listening, then when they are typing back it says responding. Well after my last response it said "Listening" "Responding" "Listening" "Responding" "Listening" then she finally responded with this

Kuldeep: If you are facing the same issue with all EA games on your PS3 then there may be some issue with PS3 console and I would recommend to please contact Sony support regarding this issue.
Kuldeep: If the disk appears to be defective, or is not functioning correctly our warranty department can replace it. Our shipping address and details on the replacement software can be found on the last page of the game manual or at the bottom of our warranty page; http://warrantyinfo.ea.com
800443185: It is not my system, all other games work fine, lets just face it you can not help me and you do not have a response to my previous question.

Does anyone know where I can submit a complaint?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2011, 08:22 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: What Happened to EA Sports?

While anyone can relate to being frustrated, I have to be honest: it didn't seem like you were being all that reasonable with the person. I mean, when they ask you what your problem was, why tell them "too many to list"? Why act like they're an idiot for asking if you've tried your disk on another system? These are all very common tech support questions that, when answered, are a great deal of help to the person on the other end. Even if they can't solve your problems, at least answering the questions helps them to eliminate things. Besides, I'm pretty sure the person you spoke to wasn't the program designer, so why not be a little more cordial?
Old 09-04-2011, 08:28 PM   #3
The Living Legend

LivingLegend's Arena

OVR: 14

That's just one person who is VERY low on the totem pole. It isn't their fault man, I've had some terrible experiences with that part of EA's customer service myself.

Being told that it was my fault that MUT is glitched the other day stole the cake. But you don't see me putting blame on the little guy, it doesn't solve much.
Chicago Blackhawks
Old 09-04-2011, 08:31 PM   #4
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Also, the tech support people read from a script. While you have valid complaints, its almost like trolling on a website. You may have better luck sending your feelings to the feedback email. Honestly, if that was me you were talking to, I would hate my job. Taking your frustration out on someone who doesn't deserve it doesn't solve anything except maybe ruin their day and yours too.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:36 PM   #5
Pro

Dwaresacksqb's Arena

OVR: 1

I wouldn't care if he started dishing out curse words to her. She wasn't going to beable to help at all either way. And if u feel sorry for her, like I would, just point the finger at E.A. Maybe if she worked for a company that cared enough about their own work to keep their fanbase happy, she wouldn't have to deal with it. I and a whole bunch of other people feel like we have been cheated by E.A. for years. I am too big of a fan of football to just pass up on these titles regardless of how bad I believe them to be. E.A. Is using a MONSTER product in the NFL to sell games and not have to worry about the quality... They will sell no matter what. So why hate on someone who is upset enough to even bother calling. If he feels better after doing what he did well then GOOD FOR HIM, he deserves it as a victim of E.A.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2011, 08:40 PM   #6
The Living Legend

LivingLegend's Arena

OVR: 14

A little piece of advice for you. Next time you use the chat feature just give the first person your incident number and tell them to transfer you directly to Tier 3 Complaints.

It will save you, and the other person a lot of time and trouble.
Chicago Blackhawks
Old 09-04-2011, 08:41 PM   #7
Pro

Dwaresacksqb's Arena

OVR: 1

If more people started giving their service reps problems maybe the people working for E.A. Would also start to complain about their products and theaten to take their talents elsewhere not wanting to work for the tyrant that is E.A. I don't think this is the answer and it's actually kind of sad on E.A. Part for me to even think of it as a possible solution.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:42 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwaresacksqb
I and a whole bunch of other people feel like we have been cheated by E.A. for years. I am too big of a fan of football to just pass up on these titles regardless of how bad I believe them to be
This should be obvious, but: if these products are so horrible and you know they're horrible and still continue to buy them, why does that give you the right to not be respectful of tech support people who have literally nothing to do with the issue? Man, you don't know these people. It's not as simple as just "go to a job that cares." That's not reality. It sounds like some of you folks are more interested in spending the money on games as a renewal of your assumed license to complain than it is to actually acquire a game to play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »