Home

How on earth do i stop slant routes?

This is a discussion on How on earth do i stop slant routes? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2011, 01:21 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 22
How on earth do i stop slant routes?

Hey Everyone, i was playing a friend in an online game in madden 12. He had the raiders, while i had the Chargers. I put Jammer on Jacoby Ford because i felt as if Jammer could keep up with Ford and he has a pretty good man defense rating. He kept throwing balls to Ford on slant routes, and no matter what i did, it always completed most of the time. I ran man defense, zone, none worked. Any suggestions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2011, 01:25 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: How on earth do i stop slant routes?

Press coverage is my best advice.
Old 09-05-2011, 01:32 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Use a zone defense, put four lineman on the line and manually blitz a linebacker. Works best with dime or nickel (Cover 2 with Nickel and 3 Deep Safe in Dime -- from either of those defenses, you can manually blitz the LB from the side with frequent success, the LB only leaves a small hole in the middle that your safety will usually collapse on quickly if they throw to a short slant). Even if you don't get a sack, any time you hurry the QB, he'll throw an interception or bad pass. You will give up some completions on slants underneath, but usually for less than 10 yards. Be careful that you get some sort of pressure, because a danger with zone is that if the QB gets enough time and the receiver runs a streak, only a safety will be left to guard him, so you can get screwed.
Old 09-05-2011, 01:32 AM   #4
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGKing
Hey Everyone, i was playing a friend in an online game in madden 12. He had the raiders, while i had the Chargers. I put Jammer on Jacoby Ford because i felt as if Jammer could keep up with Ford and he has a pretty good man defense rating. He kept throwing balls to Ford on slant routes, and no matter what i did, it always completed most of the time. I ran man defense, zone, none worked. Any suggestions?
Press coverage. Or manually shade Jammer to the inside. Or put a LB up to the D-line in the B-gap on Ford's side of the field and put him in a hook zone (Yellow) or set him to QB Spy (make sure he's even with the d-linemen).
Old 09-05-2011, 01:33 AM   #5
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

OVR: 9

stop playing against a cheeser lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2011, 01:37 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmurray20
stop playing against a cheeser lol
He wasn't a cheeser, it was my fault for not being able to figure out how to defend it. If it isn't broke, why fix it?
Old 09-05-2011, 01:43 AM   #7
Rookie

petersondagreat's Arena

OVR: 6

Jammer if pressing should have his way with Ford on most downs or cover 2 sink
Old 09-05-2011, 01:56 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

I would use the feature on the game that allows you cover the WR inside. Or perhaps spotlight him or do both. It work great because if you move the corner inside they see you move him. This way you play the inside but your opponent does not see any CB movement.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »