Home

redzone passing

This is a discussion on redzone passing within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 09-04-2011, 10:24 PM   #1
Rookie

bc3po's Arena

OVR: 2
redzone passing

Just wondering, for those of you that have success passing in the redzone for TD's, what routes do you guys do? I've never been a good redzone passer, and as a result don't have many TD passes. So any help would be appreciated haha, bc sooner or later im gonna get stuffed running
NCAA - Michigan State Spartans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2011, 10:39 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: redzone passing

Once inside the 10 I try to use one of the goal line PA plays (can't remember the name x_x) and hit either my FB in the flat or if i see the defense covering him i'll hot route someone else into the flat. In M11 it never missed and always scored if you were within the 10. I noticed in M12 it's not as automatic but still tends to work quite a bit. I really try not to abuse money plays though, so in M11 i only used it when i wanted to crush my roommate
Old 09-04-2011, 10:59 PM   #3
Rookie

bc3po's Arena

OVR: 2

I try some play action, but the thing is i always get sacked. always. maybe i'm just reading the defense wrong
NCAA - Michigan State Spartans
Old 09-04-2011, 11:15 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 20

near the goalline i like to spread it out 3 or 4 wide. if the defense can stack the box things get cluttered and that is when mistakes happen.

if i have a written like Andrews Johnson or Calvin Johnson or fitzgerald or anyone really who can catch the fade route well enough then that is in my possibilities. if yoy are in franchise and want a guy for this TO works well.

other than that a combination of slants, curls, ins, and outs will ussually get a guy open and is great if you don't have a go to guy. flats work as the other guy said but less so in this game as defenders watch them a little more. i use them as a checkdown
Old 09-04-2011, 11:25 PM   #5
Rookie

Shroom's Arena

OVR: 5

I usually do a quick out to my TE and it work almost every time.
USC Trojans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2011, 11:56 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 9

If you have a tall receiver like Plaxico, throw a fade route to the back of the end zone.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:13 AM   #7
Pro

baller7345's Arena

OVR: 5

Redzone is tricky this year...well considering what we had last year it ought to be.

I like fade routes to either Driver, Jennings, or Finely after I set him out wide. Short hitch routes can be useful especially if you are in down and goal situation. Same can be said for short in and out routes as well as flat routes if the defense fails to cover them. PA can be great if your first read happens to be open but if you have to look around you might be screwed as normally people send pressure at this point. Slants and drags can work though the middle of the field is usually the first thing people cover so they can also hurt you in the redzone.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:25 AM   #8
Pro

The Amaizen Blue's Arena

OVR: 7

My favorite play in the redzone is "Mesh." It's in a lot of playbooks and in quite a few different formations.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »