Home

The Only Way to Edit a Player and NOT Have Them Lose Their Role(s)

This is a discussion on The Only Way to Edit a Player and NOT Have Them Lose Their Role(s) within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 09-06-2011, 09:54 AM   #9
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: The Only Way to Edit a Player and NOT Have Them Lose Their Role(s)

Unfortunately this is an imperfect workaround (it is what I have been doing as well) because some roles don't always reappear such as the future star ones etc, or you might not get the one you wanted/had.

VERY frustrating bug, as it basically makes you edit and then reload until it gives you the roles you want.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:03 AM   #10
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24

What's up piper. I saw that you said you simulate games one by one to get stats how you want them. Does this strategy help a lot?
Old 09-06-2011, 11:06 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

And I'd love to be able to edit the height and weight of ALL the players in the game including rookies in the draft. A 5'8 187 pound "A" potential cornerback? c'mon...some of these guys are generated looking way too skinny.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2011, 11:31 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goravens2052
6. EA Should have allowed us to Edit Player Roles ourselves. Again, they say we are allowed to edit a player, yet we can't change his roles and are stuck with what they say the Player Roles are?

Patch in to allow us to Edit Player Roles that way we can change it as we see fit.
Why would u want to edit the player roles? They're given/rewarded to players based on how you played with them during the season because they have a significant IN-GAME impact. I like the fact that you as the player have to earn these "perks" for your players/team to take into the next season and not being able to just edit a whole scrub D-Line "run stoppers". I mean I can already edit every attribute rating a player has AND also edit confidence and consistency ALONG with player traits that have a huge impact with the on-field gameplay and let's not forget THE SLIDERS.
IMO EA made a decent game for once, why not just enjoy SOME of it the way they intended.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:34 PM   #13
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

OVR: 8

Because you should be able to edit whatever you want about the player - height, weight, ratings, whatever. Why would you arbitrarily cut something like this off?

The NBA2k editing system is great in that regard; you can edit everything about the player down to the contracts, shooting motions, ratings, height, etc.

If you don't want to edit the players you are free not to alter them - I change very little about 99% of the players in Madden

Last edited by Pandetta; 09-06-2011 at 12:37 PM.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:59 PM   #14
Banned

goravens2052's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandetta
Because you should be able to edit whatever you want about the player - height, weight, ratings, whatever. Why would you arbitrarily cut something like this off?

The NBA2k editing system is great in that regard; you can edit everything about the player down to the contracts, shooting motions, ratings, height, etc.

If you don't want to edit the players you are free not to alter them - I change very little about 99% of the players in Madden

Exactly and for EA to sit there and say we can edit everything about the players and when you go to edit a player, you can't change his height, his weight, his face, his body, his potential, his contract and what role he is given, that's not really "editing everything about the player." I know we wanted to edit ratings, but we also wanted control of everything.

I haven't been on this board for long(about a year) but one thing I have noticed is the posters here want more customization given to them, yet there are still things we can not edit. I'm a offline gamer only so why should it matter if I change Joe Flacco's Player Role, if I make Ray Lewis a 99, change a potential, or alter the rest of the league player's roles or contracts??? I think having the ability to change Player Roles instead of the Roles changing when we edit players would be much better.

Last edited by goravens2052; 09-06-2011 at 06:06 PM.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:38 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSapp757
What's up piper. I saw that you said you simulate games one by one to get stats how you want them. Does this strategy help a lot?
Yeah...I sim them one by one and if I don't like the stats (like if there is a P playing QB) then I exit Franchise Mode and keep simming until I think it's right. Some would probably consider this cheating, but I don't care about which teams win. I only do this for the stats.

@Pandetta: Oh wow. I didn't even know that. I guess this is pretty much all we have as of right now. In my case, though, I probably won't edit very many players anyway, as they finally fixed the problem with the Awareness rating not progressing...but yeah I just decided to try and see if there was some sort of loop hole and this is the best way I guess. Thanks for letting me know that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2011, 11:54 PM   #16
Rookie

Well I could just as easily edit attributes to a scrub CB into a "Shutdown Corner" and have him ACTUALLY EARN that Player Role eventually anyway or draft a stud and he comes out of the draft already labeled as that so I don't see the point. Like I said I don't mind playing at least SOME of this game the way the devs intended when u can edit most of it already.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »