Home

Important Information when setting your Sliders.

This is a discussion on Important Information when setting your Sliders. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2011, 03:00 AM   #1
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20
Important Information when setting your Sliders.

I do not know how many people know this, but I have not seen any post on this, so I will go with it.

I have seen members mention that All Pro felt better at default than when they tinkered with it. They felt it was tougher. This is why, and it goes for all levels.

You can not touch the players sliders if you want to stay within that level. Once you do it is no longer pro, all pro, or all madden. It is simply custom and by going custom it will negate that level period.

Lets say you started adjusting at all madden. Once you touch the players sliders it is no longer All Madden at all, but simple custom sliders, and the game will play different, and not at the level you was just on. This is why you will see the kick meter slow down.

This is also why you see guys moving slider into the 80's and 100's in some cases.

To avoid this and stay within the level do the following.

Find the level you enjoy, and just adjust the cpu sliders. In all reality this make the whole slider process much easier, and you will find the way you want to play Madden.

wanna test this out? Go to your settings and pick All Madden. Now go to the players sliders, and you will see everything on 25. Do not touch a thing. Now go to the CPU sliders, and you will see them where ever you had them last. Hit the Y button to reset it back to normal. They will now be at 50. Now bring most of them down to 40, and break tackle along with tackle to 35.

Now when you go back to game settings you will still see all Madden,and not custom.

Play a game and you will see the kick meter move faster, which is the all madden speed.

I just played a great game on All Madden. I encourage you to test this out, and you will easily find the slider settings that fit the way you want to play .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2011, 03:38 AM   #2
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Important Information when setting your Sliders.

trying it right now im the cowboys playing the lions on 9min quarters
Old 09-05-2011, 03:46 AM   #3
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

up 17-3 in the first quarter running very easy and passing difficult, BUT when i went to kick i went O S*** haha and missed a PAT
Old 09-05-2011, 03:58 AM   #4
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

3 easy picks for me all dropped then the CPU has 4 unrealistic picks in the first half yea deff not playing with this sorry
Old 09-05-2011, 05:17 AM   #5
Pro

Dwaresacksqb's Arena

OVR: 1

You are definitely onto something. The game feels so much more balanced now. The only thing I have to adjust so far is the CPU run blocking and break tackle. My defense can't seem to shed blocks or move side to side when faced with the rush. Ontop of that, the CPU seems to break almost every first hit.but yeah, I will no longer be tweaking the player skill at all based on what I'm experiencing so far. Thanks for the tip.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2011, 09:54 AM   #6
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmurray20
3 easy picks for me all dropped then the CPU has 4 unrealistic picks in the first half yea deff not playing with this sorry
It is not about you playing on this, but understanding how the sliders work. That is all.

Don,t know what your sorry about?

Last edited by Tyrant8RDFL; 09-05-2011 at 10:02 AM.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:00 AM   #7
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwaresacksqb
You are definitely onto something. The game feels so much more balanced now. The only thing I have to adjust so far is the CPU run blocking and break tackle. My defense can't seem to shed blocks or move side to side when faced with the rush. Ontop of that, the CPU seems to break almost every first hit.but yeah, I will no longer be tweaking the player skill at all based on what I'm experiencing so far. Thanks for the tip.
Your welcome. Nice to have someone who understand what this post is about

To me it is a real simple adjustment for you when setting the sliders.

All Madden the CPU is tough, and unrealistic in certain areas. Just tone those areas down till you feel it is right.

All Pro the CPU is not as tough, so raise the sliders in the areas you feel they need to be better at.

Again thank you for understanding. Previous poster is acting as if I'm saying play with this slider set. When all I said was to test it , so you can see the proof.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:13 AM   #8
D*lph*ns m*k* m* cry

OVR: 13

I keep going back to all pro default. This new way of difficulity reminds me of madden a few years ago when they introduced the madden ai test. They basically took out the human sliders and left you with just ai. It's funny if I set it to all pro and play a little then change my QB accruacy to 20, I swear my accruacy improves not worsen.

I wonder why EA did this? I am sticking with all pro default and then just adusting the ai sliders.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »