Home

Madden NFL 12 Reviewer Impressions: Presentation

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Reviewer Impressions: Presentation within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2011, 02:15 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Madden NFL 12 Reviewer Impressions: Presentation

One of the most cosmetic changes to come to Madden in years are the various presentation enhancements throughout the game. No longer are we treated with bad camera angles and a non-broadcast feel -- we now have something that's finally catching up with the rest of the pack in our genre. But don't get too excited yet, Madden NFL 12 still has a good bit to go.

Read More - Madden NFL 12 Reviewer Impressions: Presentation
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / Wii
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2011, 02:20 PM   #2
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Yep, that's what I heard, the commentary is horrible. Hopefully, with FIFA's sound technology, the future Madden's, starting with 13, will be vastly improved.
Old 08-28-2011, 02:25 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 32
Clear, detailed and to the point reviews like this here on OS allow those of us who are on the fence - save 60$ for a game we had "hoped" was better than it turned out to actually be. Great impressions and review.
Old 08-28-2011, 02:31 PM   #4
(PS3) Madden 13

mirrored32's Arena

OVR: 18
"Gus Johnson and Chris Collingsworth are either continually changing volumes, pitches or tones. Sometimes they are consistently behind a play. If they aren't doing any of that, they're calling players by the wrong name or worse, just calling them by their jersey number. And should I mention that Arizona has dropped the 's' from their name and followed the route of the Stanford Cardinal."

as a recording engineer, it is quite easy to error on year to year implementation of voice over recordings. You can setup the same environment and the same mic and the next year something changes slightly. yeah i agree there should have been a redo on the voice over for the commentary, though it has been said publicly that Madden 13'f focus was to be on commentary. So I suspect commentary didn't get a lot of love this year.

with that said, it is pretty annoying that the execution of what i feel makes up for a 1/3 of the games emotion is lost with not quite jittery commentary, and loss of player names and talk. bad edits make for a not as much fun experience. the attention to details isn't there. not a Super Bowl execution from the team unfortunately.
Old 08-28-2011, 02:32 PM   #5
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 12 Reviewer Impressions: Presentation

I just hope they get rid of Gus Johnson soon, can't stand that guy!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2011, 02:36 PM   #6
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17
i had to turn down gus johnson a bit from 11 just to enjoy the game. when he is at standard volume, he takes far more away from the game than he adds.

a three yard pile up should not sound like he just broke off for a TD. when you play 2k11 and follow that up with madden, you feel from commentary standpoint you went back to the PS1 days.
Old 08-28-2011, 02:45 PM   #7
Rookie

TearsOfPurple's Arena

OVR: 2

Yeah, no arguing the commentary sucks. At least next year we are getting new commentary engine (FIFA's?). I can live with it for a year, not like that's a big deal to me, I just like having the commentary on for the noise. I really don't pay attention to it otherwise.
Old 08-28-2011, 02:47 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

It seems pretty sad that this years game isn't even out yet (officially) and we're already talking about hoping for features in next years game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »