Home

Superstar mode....Downgraded

This is a discussion on Superstar mode....Downgraded within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2011, 07:03 PM   #1
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13
Superstar mode....Downgraded

I just tried Superstar mode about 15 minutes ago and i was blown away at how different it is from the 07 iteration. WTF happened to the awesome personal camera view as well as the set of unique features and abilities your player have?

Again, the last time i played this mode was several years ago. I guess with the new engine powering the animations etc i wanted to give it a try again and i'm presented the same view we have when we play regular games and a limited control of my player.

For starters, i picked to play as a rookie. So i picked Julio Jones. Why did they take away the awesome camera view from before? Am I late on this or has this suddenly changed only for 12?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2011, 07:18 PM   #2
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Superstar mode....Downgraded

So they can just take all the features form 07 and add them back in at some point. Honestly, that's gotta be the reason why. I remember them saying they "streamlined it," but they've been constantly downgrading it every year and I don't even understand this.

Why spend the time removing features from a mode instead of just leaving it as is? Do they honestly think people will be more upset if it has been left untouched for 4 years?

Superstar used to be my favorite mode. Doing the interviews, having your ego effect your teammates. Heck, doing freaking movies and trying to get the lines right was a hoot. Now, it's turned into a glorified player lock mode. All EA has to do is add player lock like in NCAA and whala!, you have Madden 12 Superstar mode.

Don't worry though, in one of the newer Maddens they'll spend a little time just putting the old features back in and they'll say they spent all year on it, yet it's the same features from an older version of Madden, and I'm sure it'll be buggy.
Old 09-05-2011, 07:26 PM   #3
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Superstar mode....Downgraded

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMJOHNS18
So they can just take all the features form 07 and add them back in at some point. Honestly, that's gotta be the reason why. I remember them saying they "streamlined it," but they've been constantly downgrading it every year and I don't even understand this.

Why spend the time removing features from a mode instead of just leaving it as is? Do they honestly think people will be more upset if it has been left untouched for 4 years?

Superstar used to be my favorite mode. Doing the interviews, having your ego effect your teammates. Heck, doing freaking movies and trying to get the lines right was a hoot. Now, it's turned into a glorified player lock mode. All EA has to do is add player lock like in NCAA and whala!, you have Madden 12 Superstar mode.

Don't worry though, in one of the newer Maddens they'll spend a little time just putting the old features back in and they'll say they spent all year on it, yet it's the same features from an older version of Madden, and I'm sure it'll be buggy.
Dude, i completely forgot about all those cool things like doing interviews and taking the IQ test. They did streamline a lot of it out. You nailed it, Superstar mode feels like a glorified player lock mode. Just baffles me that they would remove features vs leaving them alone

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »