Home

One SimHead's Support for 1-Team Franchise Mode: 32-Team Control is NOT Needed

This is a discussion on One SimHead's Support for 1-Team Franchise Mode: 32-Team Control is NOT Needed within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 09-05-2011, 04:32 PM   #9
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: One SimHead's Support for 1-Team Franchise Mode: 32-Team Control is NOT Needed

The thing about Vince Young is cool... except in my franchise, he was a Pro Bowler and was let go the following year and was never signed to any team the rest of his career.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 09-05-2011, 04:40 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: One SimHead's Support for 1-Team Franchise Mode: 32-Team Control is NOT Needed

What you could have done, was edit his ratings to a probowl caliber player to where some team would have wanted to pick him up
Old 09-05-2011, 04:41 PM   #11
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by xblake16x
What you could have done, was edit his ratings to a probowl caliber player to where some team would have wanted to pick him up
True, but the guy was still like a 78 overall. There's no reason he shouldn't have been signed.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2011, 05:18 PM   #12
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
True, but the guy was still like a 78 overall. There's no reason he shouldn't have been signed.
74-82 should be in my opinion the range of a decent to good starter. I would like to see the ratings stretched out more, with 97-99 meaning best all time, not just best in the NFL today.

This would mean RB's would all take ratings hits, as none are at the level of the greats.

I really don't like OVR anyway. Teams don't have exact numbers to rate players, and I am usually in the camp of trying to make the game more realistic.

It would be nice for offensive scheme or the strength of other players to adjust ratings/perceptions of players. They did this in a way with Head Coach. Then teams could trade players that appear amazing (but they know are average) to other teams that think they are getting a great player. The Pats did this to the Chiefs with Cassell.

And Madden has started a very good addition this year with the player perks, where the QB gives his WR's stat boosts. I like that. It shows that it's easier for WR's to catch a pass from Brady as opposed to Russell.
Old 09-05-2011, 06:08 PM   #13
Rookie

TomZeWolf's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperhare
74-82 should be in my opinion the range of a decent to good starter. I would like to see the ratings stretched out more, with 97-99 meaning best all time, not just best in the NFL today.

This would mean RB's would all take ratings hits, as none are at the level of the greats.

I really don't like OVR anyway. Teams don't have exact numbers to rate players, and I am usually in the camp of trying to make the game more realistic.

It would be nice for offensive scheme or the strength of other players to adjust ratings/perceptions of players. They did this in a way with Head Coach. Then teams could trade players that appear amazing (but they know are average) to other teams that think they are getting a great player. The Pats did this to the Chiefs with Cassell.

And Madden has started a very good addition this year with the player perks, where the QB gives his WR's stat boosts. I like that. It shows that it's easier for WR's to catch a pass from Brady as opposed to Russell.
I'm loving this aspect of the game. Another example of this is is in my Seahawks franchise, Sidney Rice is listed as a 'Go to guy' which boosts your QB's medium throw accuracy. So that shows the other side of the coin that great WR's can make average QB's (Tarvaris Jackson, in my case) look better than they are.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:43 AM   #14
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

I would hope that the Medium THA bonus is only when throwing to Rice, and the bonus isn't applied to every other WR. That could show Rice's skill at getting separation or his good timing with medium routes as his reason for giving the bonus.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:58 AM   #15
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
-Perhaps most important, I did NOT see an abundance of UDFA's taking over the NFL in 2012. I only made it to the preseason of 2012, and I do recall teams being a bit low on total roster #'s, but rosters still resembled NFL rosters and I wouldn't have thought anything of it had it not been for the forums going crazy over it haha. Perhaps UDFA's will become more rampant once teams signed their actual UDFA's for the 2012 season?

In regards to this I also checked FA, and there were no big surprises...again, guys 74-82 sitting there to be plucked later to fill in for injuries, some K's/P's, etc.

Again, I'm not sure how much of an issue the AI filling depth via UDFA's versus real NFL roster fodder will end up being, but to me it's not worth giving up the rest of franchise mode for it. Plus, some of those UDFA's will turn into good players just like in the NFL!

It does indeed seem the teams know how to retain talent and I did see a good mix of <50 players mixed in with plenty of guys in the low 70's and high 60's.
1) The problem gets aparent after the preseason, so you didnīt see it as that big an issue because you stopped short of the point where it gets obvious. There will be 40-45 decent players on the roster at the start of preseason, then 10 of those get cut and suddenly you have 34 legit players and 20 guys in the 30s, 40s and 50s with crap potential ratings.

2) The problem with FA isnīt that thereīs too many sitting there, itīs that many who sit there vanish from the game after every season ! Thatīs why thereīs still only a "normal" amount of 70-80 rated guys there, because for every decent player on the list another one has allready been deleted by the game in favour of the now-signed UDFAs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2011, 09:51 AM   #16
All Star

Manning2Harrison's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
It's too bad we can't scroll past because its not too unbelievable for a team w a new coach to take a qb regardless of who their starter is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »