Home

Denver Broncos: New Talent including #15 Tim Tebow!

This is a discussion on Denver Broncos: New Talent including #15 Tim Tebow! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2011, 04:34 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Denver Broncos: New Talent including #15 Tim Tebow!

Hey Broncos fans. Just wondering what you guys are doing with the new talent on our team. Especially defense.

Some situations im running into during my franchise.
My selections in BOLD

QB: Orton vs Tebow vs Quinn

I played 3 games on all madden with Orton and threw 12 INTS! I put Tim Tebow in and a whole new offense has appeared. No clue what is going on but seems like his ROLE on this game is true. I havent tried Quinn yet.

HB: Moreno vs McGahee
Right now im running Moreno 75% of the time. Both backs seems a bit slow and cannot break tackles as much as the other backs. With speed not there its hard to get to the corners.

WR: Demaryius Thomas
How are you guys using him? I passed the ball to him one play he caught it and fumbled lol. Hes my number 5 WR

TE: Julius Thomas vs Daniel Fells
J.Thomas seems like the better selection for pass catching but Fells for blocking?

Von Miller:
Where are you guys playing him DE or OLB?? Are you playing with him or letting him do his own thing? Right now 4 games in he has 1 sack and 3rd on team with tackles. Doesnt miss many tackles.

Nate Irving v Mario Haggan
Im a fan of Irving so I went ahead and started him. He gets caught up on blockers and cant tackle much. I use him abour 75% of the time to get his tackles up.

Quintin Carter
BDawk just got hurt so I put him in for his first game. He has 5 tackles and a pick. All these are USER though..

Overall.

Seems like Denver has a young defense which is going to take a beating. Ive lost 3 games so far by over 40pts. A lot of the touchdowns have come from mis tackles and bad coverage. With the big score deficit I have to pass a lot and get away from my game plan. Also what playbooks are you guys using?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2011, 04:38 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Denver Broncos: New Talent including #15 Tim Tebow!

No you threw 12 INTs with Orton. He is a better passer all around on the game than Tebow is...now Tebow can make more plays with his legs though...
Old 09-10-2011, 04:40 PM   #3
Rookie

Ricanlegend's Arena

OVR: 0

Am going to trade for Tim tebow in my offseason and draft 2 Qb am already tired of Eli
Old 09-10-2011, 05:27 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I was doing OK with my Broncos until i switched difficulty level, the defense could not stop anyone. Tho they do have some potential.

I am considering moving Von Miller beacuse of his enormous potential.

Since there are no offseason crimes in Madden, Perrish Cox has been a nice surprise me. has come up with some big plays.

Moreno got hurt for 10 weeks, so I have McGahee and some rookie i signed as a FA sharing the duties.

Orton is my QB...for now...
Old 09-10-2011, 06:06 PM   #5
Banned

MileHighSalute30's Arena

OVR: 10

I use the BRONCOS, and currently have Tebow starting but only because he progresses well after a season, but I notice a bit of difference between him and KO, as KO is more accurate.

Demaryius Thomas is a BEAST at 6'3 with that 96 speed and good leaping ability, and is my #2 WR opposite Brandon Lloyd. I have Eddie Royal in the slot since his route running attributes are good, so he's a perfect fit for those complex routes.

I use Von Miller at LB only in my base 4-3, bear, nickel, and goal line formations. Most of the time I have him at end opposite Dumervil since he's an 88 at end. A whopping 9 points higher than he is at LB. I don't start Haggan or Irvin over Joe Mays, simply because I think Mays will get a good ratings boost after a season.

Moreno is my primary back, but I try to get McGahee at least 10-12 touches per game. I love that he can move the pile on short yardage situations, and I love having him and Knowshon in the backfield at the same time in passing situations.

TEs I use Fells and Thomas, but I mix in some Virgil green over Fells so I can have some nice speed in 2 TE sets. At safety I am using Rahim Moore who I always user control, and B Dawk at SS for now. Quentin Carter will probably be my starter in year 2 on my franchise. Cox obviously isn't on the team anymore, so I won't bring him back just because, and Cassius Vaughn and Jonathan Wilhite are my nickel and dime backs.

The O line REALLY needs to be beefed up at the C and G spots. Beadles and Walton just don't cut it, and why in the hell Orlando Franklin didn't get a ratings boost is beyond me. So that's how I'm rolling with my BRONCOS.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2011, 06:54 PM   #6
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

I play coach mode, and I am starting Orton, with Quinn backing up because he had the best preseason of all 3 QBs. Tebow does have a formation I use him in.

At HB Moreno, but McGahee gets a lot of carries, and Ball gets a couple a game.

WRs, DeMaryius Thomas #3, great speed. Eric Decker at #4 but he is good, catches a lot of passes.

I know Fells is better at blocking for TEs, but I hate the amount of passes he drops, but then turns around and catches an amazing pass a minute later. With that said though he does start, but I really like Green.

O-Line just needs help.

On defense Miller plays LB except when only 1 LB in defense I move him to DE with Dumervil. Moore and Carter the safties, I am high on both of them.

Overall I think things look really good for this team, but it might take a couple of years. The one biggest thing is the QB position, What is gonna happen? Who is the right guy? I don't know yet.
Old 09-10-2011, 07:08 PM   #7
Banned

MileHighSalute30's Arena

OVR: 10

IRL, KO will be more solid this year with a better running game, healthier and more experienced O line, and an improved D.
Old 09-10-2011, 07:45 PM   #8
Veteran

db56's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHighSalute30
I use the BRONCOS, and currently have Tebow starting but only because he progresses well after a season, but I notice a bit of difference between him and KO, as KO is more accurate.

Demaryius Thomas is a BEAST at 6'3 with that 96 speed and good leaping ability, and is my #2 WR opposite Brandon Lloyd. I have Eddie Royal in the slot since his route running attributes are good, so he's a perfect fit for those complex routes.

I use Von Miller at LB only in my base 4-3, bear, nickel, and goal line formations. Most of the time I have him at end opposite Dumervil since he's an 88 at end. A whopping 9 points higher than he is at LB. I don't start Haggan or Irvin over Joe Mays, simply because I think Mays will get a good ratings boost after a season.

Moreno is my primary back, but I try to get McGahee at least 10-12 touches per game. I love that he can move the pile on short yardage situations, and I love having him and Knowshon in the backfield at the same time in passing situations.

TEs I use Fells and Thomas, but I mix in some Virgil green over Fells so I can have some nice speed in 2 TE sets. At safety I am using Rahim Moore who I always user control, and B Dawk at SS for now. Quentin Carter will probably be my starter in year 2 on my franchise. Cox obviously isn't on the team anymore, so I won't bring him back just because, and Cassius Vaughn and Jonathan Wilhite are my nickel and dime backs.

The O line REALLY needs to be beefed up at the C and G spots. Beadles and Walton just don't cut it, and why in the hell Orlando Franklin didn't get a ratings boost is beyond me. So that's how I'm rolling with my BRONCOS.
Agree with all of this, good insight.

JD Walton, Z. Beadles, and the TE's are holding the running game back, they arent strong enough and dont hold their blocks. EA got J. Thomas right and I hope he can develop into a solid blocker because that is what this team needs and Elway believes in it.

Orlando Franklin got screwed in ratings this year....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »