Home

Free Agents - Player Roles

This is a discussion on Free Agents - Player Roles within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2011, 11:00 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Free Agents - Player Roles

- Is there a way to tell what role a free agent has?

- What free agents do you know that have roles?
I signed Leonard Davis to my Lions and he has a run blocking role. I can't remember exactly what it is called. I assume Jamarcus Russell has Underachiever, any others you are aware of?

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2011, 02:05 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Free Agents - Player Roles

Noel Divine has offensive playmaker. I remember seeing a list in game but don't remember where is was.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:58 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 20

yea devine has one and is a beast. Krishna Jenkins is injury prone and a run stuffer
Old 09-05-2011, 04:52 PM   #4
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

HB Saine does too. It would be nice if we could see some roles for FA, but stuff like "future star" might be better kept unknown. Of course, if a guy has a role for blocking or playmaking you'd think you could see it.

Desean Jackson is a big time playmaker, yet if he was a FA and you never knew about it (since stats/ratings wouldn't say it), then you might pass on him. But obviously anyone who watches the NFL know's he is. So I think if we were told some roles you could say it's sorta like their game tape shows that they make plays, are great blockers, clutch, etc.
Old 09-05-2011, 05:27 PM   #5
Rookie

Shards's Arena

OVR: 0

In past gen I know they showed it somehow but I don't remember where exactly. If it was easier it would be nice if they would add free agents as a "team" when viewing the roles. As far as "Future Star" roles, I see that as a team who views a player that way.

Im pretty sure RG Leonard Davis has the "Trench Warrior" role but I think that's all I've seen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2011, 05:39 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

Yes, Trench Warrior, that's the one for Leonard Davis.

Seachickens and kcarr, thanks for the heads up on Devine. I might take him as a better versions of Aaron Brown for my Lions franchsie.

I don't think any of the roles are intended to be secret. It's not like someone rated low-70s has Future Star and it is a secret that he will eventually be rated really high. If you look at Future Stars it is usually a player that you would think of as a future star (i.e. Suh, Stafford, Pettigrew is a bit of a stretch but he was taken as the top TE and in the mid first round too). So I think there should be an indication before you sign someone. Didn't it used to have an icon beside their name in older Maddens?

Last edited by NoSubs; 09-05-2011 at 05:49 PM.
Old 09-05-2011, 06:35 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

I think if u go to the player role segment on the menu then go to all nfl they shows up, but i could be wrong.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »