Home

Since when is switching to the WR.DB closes to the ball not sim.

This is a discussion on Since when is switching to the WR.DB closes to the ball not sim. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2011, 11:21 PM   #33
Banned

MileHighSalute30's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Since when is switching to the WR.DB closes to the ball not sim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
This is where problem's arise. You cant say this (above) and then say this:

If it is "to each their own" how can you say "you are supposed to play the game?"

Everyone has their own definition of playing the game and want different things. No reason to try and come off as being indifferent when you really aren't.
I really don't care either way and that's the truth, but constantly we rag on Madden's AI year after year, and now all of a sudden it's best to rely on it for a realistic game of football? Or rely on it so the game plays more true to ratings, when a RB that's a 62 ovr could rush for 1500 yards just because he's fast? We have to take control of players on offense, so why is doing it on defense taboo? Like I said, I take pride in sniffing out a run play, or controlling my FS and shading him to one side of the field and getting a break on the ball to pick it or swat it away. It makes me feel like I'm in control, or I'm actually playing that position. If others don't like that, then so be it. I never said anyone was wrong, only that you should play the game and not totally rely on the cpu.

Last edited by MileHighSalute30; 09-07-2011 at 11:23 PM.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:23 PM   #34

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHighSalute30
I really don't care either way and that's the truth, but constantly we rag on Madden's AI year after year, and now all of a sudden it's best to rely on it for a realistic game of football? Or rely on it so the game plays more true to ratings, when a RB that's a 62 ovr could rush for 1500 yards just because he's fast? We have to take control of players on offense, so why is doing it on defense taboo?
I never said it was.

I'm saying you telling other people how they should be playing is.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:26 PM   #35
Banned

MileHighSalute30's Arena

Quote:
I never said it was.

I'm saying you telling other people how they should be playing is.
Key word: PLAYING. I tend to agree with that if you're good at playing defense, YOU will play it but like I said, I could really care less. Defense is HALF the game, so why just play half the game??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2011, 11:34 PM   #36

kehlis's Arena

Quote:
Key word: PLAYING. I tend to agree with that if you're good at playing defense, YOU will play it but like I said, I could really care less. Defense is HALF the game, so why just play half the game??
You're missing the point and proving mine at the same time.

Some people would rather play the game by letting the stats and attributes control what happens down field.

It's cool that you don't, no one cares. Even though you said you don't care, you clearly do, why does it bother you how others choose to enjoy the game? I could care less how you choose to play, why do you care how I choose to play?

You don't need to keep capitalizing the work PLAYING like it makes a stronger point. I understand what you are saying, I just disagree.

As I've tried to point out, we all have different definitions of "playing." No need to question others about how they want to play the game. Still makes no sense to me but if it makes you feel better you can stay on your high horse by all means, go ahead.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:41 PM   #37
Banned

MileHighSalute30's Arena

Quote:
You're missing the point and proving mine at the same time.

Some people would rather play the game by letting the stats and attributes control what happens down field.

It's cool that you don't, no one cares. Even though you said you don't care, you clearly do, why does it bother you how others choose to enjoy the game? I could care less how you choose to play, why do you care how I choose to play?

You don't need to keep capitalizing the work PLAYING like it makes a stronger point. I understand what you are saying, I just disagree.

As I've tried to point out, we all have different definitions of "playing." No need to question others about how they want to play the game. Still makes no sense to me but if it makes you feel better you can stay on your high horse by all means, go ahead.
You're getting a little too bent out of shape about this. I really don't think either way is sim or not sim. I'm just asking how in the world you trust Madden's AI or rating system enough to let it play half the game for you? If Madden truly let the players play the way they should, I may be on your side. I'm not trying to argue with you, as we obviously aren't going to say anything to change on another's mind. I'm really not trying to be a d**k.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:48 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

There are a few reasons I never switch to a WR or DB on passes. One, I feel is it makes it too easy to make a catch or pick. If I switched every pass I would catch nearly everything and save myself times when I shouldn't.

Also, I feel that when I switch to the WR or DB I am making a play the CPU can't. The CPU isn' smart enough to make the WR catch the ball at the highest point like I am, the CPU doesn't know in order to get the INT he needs to get up in front of the WR. The CPU just makes a decision to either catch it or swat it and an animation plays out. So if the CPU is going to have times where it should have made a pick, but didn't because of an animation playing out, then want my DB to have the same weakness. If I switched every pass, then my DBs would always be getting the ball at the highest point which would make me have an advantage over the CPU and I don't want that type of advantage.

Once the CPU has the same decision making of humans and is smart enough to know what type of animation to play out, where to be, whether to jump or not, swat or pick, etc. then I will start user catching on offense and defense.

― Plato
Old 09-07-2011, 11:55 PM   #39
Banned

MileHighSalute30's Arena

WRs should high point the ball with a DB on them though. Larry Fitzgerald became a super star doing that. IMO, you don't get realistic WR play unless you use them on those long passes or fades. They just won't fight for the ball.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:58 PM   #40

kehlis's Arena

Quote:
You're getting a little too bent out of shape about this. I really don't think either way is sim or not sim. I'm just asking how in the world you trust Madden's AI or rating system enough to let it play half the game for you? If Madden truly let the players play the way they should, I may be on your side. I'm not trying to argue with you, as we obviously aren't going to say anything to change on another's mind. I'm really not trying to be a d**k.
I'm not getting bent out of shape over anything.

Never once did you say anything about questioning the ability of the A.I. which I would have no disagreement with.

You're only point in every one of your posts was people should want to play the game. You are now just backtracking.

If your point now is that you don't trust the A.I. then I will agree with you but you never brought it up at all, how was I to know?

Doesn't change the way I want to play the game and as I mentioned, I could care less how anyone else chooses to play but I wish you just would have brought that up right away rather than make it seem like you couldn't comprehend why someone wouldn't want to PLAY the game.

Also, please don't circumvent the language filter, it is against the TOS (sorry, just the mod in me).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »