Home

Defensive statistics broken in Sim?

This is a discussion on Defensive statistics broken in Sim? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2011, 02:24 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Defensive statistics broken in Sim?

Hey guys, is this happening with anyone else? Here's the scenerio.

In franchise (offline), when I play games I usually sim through the defense because I just don't care to play it.. In 11 I managed to adjust sliders, quarter length etc to get somewhat realistic tackle numbers. I'm not after my defense to pummel someone into the ground unrealistically but what I'm experiencing with 12 can't be described as anything short of broken..

Not 10 minutes ago I played a game vs the Cowboys which I won but Felix Jones ran up and down the field all game At the End of the game he was 21 att for 112 yards 1td..

Yet my defense amassed a total of 9 tackles. Where are the other 10 tackles on Felix? It's obvious he didn't score a TD on every hand off.. I'm missing some stats here. I haven't really payed any attention before so I went and looked at my stats after 8 games and Brian Orakpo (Go Skins!) has 2 tackles, no assists and no sacks.. That's CRAZY! What's crazier... Kerrigan has no tackles!.. Only thing I did was switch to a 4-3 and make them my starting LE and DE

Is there anyway I can fix this for my situation??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2011, 02:28 AM   #2
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Defensive statistics broken in Sim?

If you sim games from the menu the tackles and other defensive stats work out alright, if you sim them from the actual game you get almost no stats.

So, yes inside the game the sim is broken for defense.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:37 PM   #3
Rookie

Oh man that's horrible. Know if they're any plans to fix this?
Old 09-05-2011, 03:52 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Maybe I'm the only one or just unlucky, but I've simmed maybe 20 or so first seasons to test out the draft classes to see if I need to any fixes to their ovr's back in ncaa so they come out as better prospects. In most of the seasons elite defensive lineman like Ngata, Peppers, etc. all regressed. I remember seeing Peppers as an 88 after just one year and i thought that was weird, so I check his stats. He had 1 sack all year. I check Ngata, 1 sack as well. This was rampant throughout the league. Peppers rarely made it past 5 sacks in all of the sims and regressed each and every time. Maybe I'm just unlucky but it's something to think about.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:21 AM   #5
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

OVR: 8

I haven't had that problem, I've simmed through and actually had some issues were some of the OLBs and DE were breaking Strahan's record :P so they were progressing the max.

That is rare though, on the whole the simmed stats have been pretty good aside from slightly low QB ratings/tackle numbers.

Sounds like you were unlucky, which is a good thing (that players can have off years).

Last edited by Pandetta; 09-06-2011 at 12:23 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2011, 06:42 PM   #6
Rookie

Yeah if I sim a season, it's fine, London Fletcher got 160 tackles 3 sacks, Orakpo got 130 Tackles 11 Sacks, Kerrigan 112 tackles 6 sacks, exactly where I expect these numbers to be.. Man they got to fix the ingame sim stat keeping though, that is a huge deal breaker for me =(

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »