Home

Is there some reason why we can't assign playbooks to CPU controlled teams?

This is a discussion on Is there some reason why we can't assign playbooks to CPU controlled teams? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2011, 01:17 PM   #1
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27
Is there some reason why we can't assign playbooks to CPU controlled teams?

Before the game you can switch over to the other side and change the CPU team's uniform, but you can't change their playbook?!

If I recall correctly you could do this pre-patch last year, so I thought for sure it'd be in this year, but no.

This seems to me like such a basic fundamental thing, and something that would make the game a whole lot cooler. Yeah sure not everyone is gonna go through for each team and change their playbook and gameplan, but a lot would if the option was there.

I guess the bigger question is, what happens in franchise mode? Do teams simply run the same playbook with the same gameplan year in and year out?

Hmmm...

Seems to me like it would be highly beneficial to allow users to assign playbooks and custom playbooks to CPU controlled teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2011, 02:46 PM   #2
Rookie

shadowman's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Is there some reason why we can't assign playbooks to CPU controlled teams?

It may be beneficial but would it be realistic? I'm sure real teams would love to assign playbooks and gameplans to their opponents.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:06 PM   #3
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Try using a second controller and then switch to netrual once the game starts..
Old 09-06-2011, 04:06 PM   #4
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman
It may be beneficial but would it be realistic?
Sure it would, if you created a playbook and game plan that matched what teams are currently doing.

That's kinda the whole point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
Try using a second controller and then switch to netrual once the game starts..
Yeah I saw that you can do that, but that too kinda misses the point.

Why not have a feature in your game that would improve it and make it a lot more interesting for those who really want to go in depth?

It's not like asking for the world either. They had it in before, just last year, and it's a relatively simple thing.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:38 PM   #5
Banned

bzehrt24's Arena

OVR: 0

I figured out a way to make the CPU call amazing plays, but you can't earn achievements . Anyway, create a playbook starting with the "Balanced" preset and remove all the hail marys and all the plays where the receivers run to the sideline. For First and 10, add plays like draws, slants, easy shotgun passes etc. Add I-Form, Shotgun, Strong, weak, offset, singleback formations. Basically create a "playlist" that have a plethora of draw plays and short and medium passes (with a few long passes that the CPU can complete, ie NOT hail marys or streaks) from all the formations. Copy and paste this scenario into 2nd and Long/Medium and 3rd and long/medium. Then for 2nd and Short, create some play action plays, short passes, draws etc. Copy and paste these into 3rd and Short and 4th and short.

Now, it may seem like there will be too many of the same plays, but you can add a ton of plays this year. One final thing is to make sure you change all the plays to half a star, as this will make the CPU base their plays off of the offense they have.

Save the gameplan, and when you're ready to play, switch to the CPU team at the team selection screen, and select the custom gameplan. When the game starts, switch back to your team (which makes you unable to earn achievements, but I don't really care).

The game plays amazing this way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2011, 07:50 PM   #6
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzehrt24
...when you're ready to play, switch to the CPU team at the team selection screen, and select the custom gameplan. When the game starts, switch back to your team (which makes you unable to earn achievements, but I don't really care).

The game plays amazing this way.
I didn't even think of doing it this way. I don't care about trophies/achievements so that won't bother me. Kinda sucks that you can't then use your own playbook as well, but at least you can influence the CPU for the better.

Great job!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »