Home

Who would like to see real field goal % implemented?

This is a discussion on Who would like to see real field goal % implemented? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Real field goal %
Yes 49 80.33%
No 12 19.67%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-06-2011, 10:06 PM   #25
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Who would like to see real field goal % implemented?

I have always liked this idea as an option but believe they must first make User kicking more difficult for a real fg% option to be viable. What I mean is, if people can easily kick fgs the traditional way, not many will choose the more difficult option.

So I propose they make kicking fgs more like passing by snapping the ball and allowing the defense to come for the block, immediately after the User has set the direction arrow and before the kicking meter starts. This way, Users have to quickly decide, presumably based on their Kicker and the distance of the fg attempt, the best balance between accuracy and power.

I believe the main difficulty of kicking fgs in real life games is the pressure of the defenders bearing down on the Kicker. That's why kickers routinely hit 60+ fgs in warm-up but miss 25 yarders, in game.

This would give Users the option of a challenging User controlled kick or a one click automated kick based on real life fg%, neither of them being a guarantee.

Last edited by Big FN Deal; 09-06-2011 at 10:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2011, 11:29 PM   #26

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Who would like to see real field goal % implemented?

I would like a hybrid between the two options.

In a perfect world, I would love a percentage deciding it but I don't think I like the idea of EA using an arbitrary percentage for kickers that decide everything. I say that with the full realization that you guys would like to see the players real percentage mapped to the game but I don't see that as being realistic. They can use a 7 year average and it still doesn't make up for rookies, younger kickers, variables in averages being used etc...

I'm sure most of you remember but in the Sega days (maybe ps1, can't remember for sure) the meter speed varied based on the level of your kicker.

As it stands now, I would prefer a random option, but I would much prefer to see a meter that offers variables based on the ratings of your kicker. I don't think it would be hard to implement and I really don't want to give up control where I don't have to.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »