Home

Best Rebuilding Project in Madden 12?

This is a discussion on Best Rebuilding Project in Madden 12? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2011, 09:23 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Best Rebuilding Project in Madden 12?

Agreed. I started a rebuilding project yesterday with the Seahawks, and was actually able to pick up a WR from those trash rookies they give you in the first Pre-season.

I went ahead and signed David Garrard after the Preseason. Then resigned him to a 4 yr contract after he went 21/30 for 227 yards, 3 TD and 1 INT in his first game. Him and Sidney Rice had immediate chemistry. Now I am considering cutting Tavaris Jackson since there is no reason to keep him any more.

Marshawn Lynch is a beast, but that O-line is garbage.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:17 PM   #18
MVP

NFCastle's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by delimeat567
Agreed. I started a rebuilding project yesterday with the Seahawks, and was actually able to pick up a WR from those trash rookies they give you in the first Pre-season.

I went ahead and signed David Garrard after the Preseason. Then resigned him to a 4 yr contract after he went 21/30 for 227 yards, 3 TD and 1 INT in his first game. Him and Sidney Rice had immediate chemistry. Now I am considering cutting Tavaris Jackson since there is no reason to keep him any more.

Marshawn Lynch is a beast, but that O-line is garbage.
If a GM ever re-negotiated a contract because of a 1 game performance, shame on him.

But that's besides the point...for the guy that started the thread.

If you want to rebuild a team, the seahawks are absolutely terrible, real life and madden, especially madden.

No big defensive players, no star offensive players...few mediocres

They desperately need a quarterback, their runnng back is average at best, only half decent reciever is williams.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:23 PM   #19
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFCastle
If a GM ever re-negotiated a contract because of a 1 game performance, shame on him.

But that's besides the point...for the guy that started the thread.

If you want to rebuild a team, the seahawks are absolutely terrible, real life and madden, especially madden.

No big defensive players, no star offensive players...few mediocres

They desperately need a quarterback, their runnng back is average at best, only half decent reciever is williams.
if sidney rice can stay healthy, he's more then *half-decent*....same goes with Miller at TE.....
Old 10-10-2011, 11:04 PM   #20
MVP

NFCastle's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFatGirlz4Me37
if sidney rice can stay healthy, he's more then *half-decent*....same goes with Miller at TE.....
I'll give you sidney rice, completely forgot about him...which doesnt say much for him :P lol

But yea...in general, they are a bad team, no one can argue that...not even a seahawks fan.

Who can honestly be happy with Tarvaris jackson or whitehurst, marshawn lynch who is average at best, and a few semi reliable recievers?

Not to mention the defense
Old 10-10-2011, 11:10 PM   #21
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFCastle
I'll give you sidney rice, completely forgot about him...which doesnt say much for him :P lol

But yea...in general, they are a bad team, no one can argue that...not even a seahawks fan.

Who can honestly be happy with Tarvaris jackson or whitehurst, marshawn lynch who is average at best, and a few semi reliable recievers?

Not to mention the defense
i could live with marshawn if they upgraded the QB...he's not as bad as u make him out to be
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2011, 01:23 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

im doing a franchise with the seahawks right now, i had to guarentee the 1st overall pick so i got rid of tavaris jackson for some real fast recievers (most were junk ovr but soo fast)

i picked up the best qb in the draft who was an 86 ovr i think. within 2 years i simmed a season and we won the superbowl.
seahawkes are definatly a fun team to rebuild.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:57 AM   #23
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

The Hawks are an interesting squad because they have Lynch, two serviceable TEs, Rice, and Williams as a decent #2. They have Mebane and Clemons on the line, then Hill and Hatwhorne at LB. Thomas and Chancellor are promising too.

So it really only looks like the team needs a game manager at QB and some help on the OL, as well as a CB. You could probably find all that in one draft, depending on its depth.

I actually looked at KC and decided to give them a run. They're rated 80 OVR @ the franchise team selection screen, just one spot above SEA. They have some playmakers in Charles and Bowe, with a rising TE, but there are issues on OL and depth at WR. On D, the DL is passable but will definitely be vulnerable to the run. ILB is a strength, but OLB is a liability. FS needs addressing, as does CB depth.

I think KC really needs a #2 WR, a C/G, 1 DE or NT/, 1 OLB, 1 FS, and one #3-#4 CB. That would be really hard to grab in one draft, and I'm not going to use FA to rebuild the team all at once. I'm thinking that I'm going to need two years to rebuild that team.

The trick is going to be how to get McCluster involved on a semi-regular basis. I need Jones to get carries because he's the bruiser, and Charles is the bell-cow, but McCluster is too interesting to let rot.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:05 AM   #24
Rookie

Ghostciv's Arena

OVR: 1

i'm doing the 49ers as my rebuild team. going to move the team to L.A. cause they r a west coast team and there stadium is very bad. They got skill players on offense but no qb. I sign T.O just so he retires a 49er and willis is a beast to have running in middle of the field. Need to remake there secondary cause i've been getting burn by them speed wideouts. but overall i'm having fun playing with them and the ravens. usally do a 2 team 1 afc 1 nfc

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »