Home

Realistic Linebacker Tackling Stats

This is a discussion on Realistic Linebacker Tackling Stats within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2011, 09:30 PM   #1
Rookie

Butcher_of_Basra's Arena

OVR: 0
Realistic Linebacker Tackling Stats

I was just wandering if anybody was getting realistic linebacker tackling stats this year. Even when I user my linebackers I rarely get 6 or 7 tackles per game when realistically speaking they should be around 8-12 (when possession time is roughly equal). This is a deal-breaker for me and it really kills me when my linebackers finish the season with like 60 or 70 tackles when they should be around 110.

I play 12 minute quarters (with the default 20 seconds accelerated clock) and usually get 120 snaps per game which is realistic but the tackles are ALWAYS spread out almost evenly between all my defenders. Lots of players with 3 tackles.

I think the main reason for this is the fact that whoever I'm playing is usually very reluctant to run the ball more than 20 times a game and when they do its not usually up the middle. I've set rush defence reaction time to zero to try and give the CPU running back time to get penetration but often my corner back or safety will beat my linebacker to the tackle.

I've been playing around with sliders ever since release to try and get it just right to fix this problem (which is pretty much my only problem with the game) and I just cant get it right. Most of the time I'm stuffing the run in the backfield or I'm getting burnt for 15 yard rushes (balancing it out but making it very unrealistic).

Do any of you guys consistently get realistic tackling stats? If so I would really appreciate it if you would help me out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2011, 09:41 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Realistic Linebacker Tackling Stats

Out of 15 games Patrick Willis has registered a total of 136 tackles for me. He is second in the league. I play 11 min 20 sec run off game flow. I have two set of custom sliders. I play all my home games and cpu vs cpu for all my away games.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:00 PM   #3
Rookie

Butcher_of_Basra's Arena

care to share your rushing and rush defence sliders? i would imagine these are the ones along with game speed that make the difference
Old 09-07-2011, 05:23 AM   #4
Rookie

Butcher_of_Basra's Arena

115 views and no replies? I'm sure there are people out there with the same problem... maybe i should've posted this in the slider forum?
Old 09-07-2011, 05:44 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 3

i play 12 minute quarters, 25 second clock rundown, very slow game speed, no slider adjustments. i control the MLB or highest rated linebacker on the field. haven't had any problems getting at least 10 - 15 total tackles with the player i control. the tackles don't just come from the run game. you should be able to get at least 5 tackles from the passing game alone. play your zone and look for receivers running underneath routes.

the very slow game speed may be the reason for getting these tackles. you're able to see the plays develop instead of just running to get to a spot.

also make your defensive pre snap adjustments. slide your line and linebackers into position to match up with the offensive formation. change the rush direction of your line. that may give your controlled player a better chance to make the tackle.

Last edited by bo_jax2000; 09-07-2011 at 05:53 AM. Reason: added more info
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2011, 06:08 AM   #6
Rookie

Seanzie's Arena

OVR: 2

Are you talking solo tackles? Because yes, 4 to 8 are normal numbers of solo tackles. The total tackles are the numbers that should be a bit higher.

I'm finding the tackling stats to be extremely realistic and impressive.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:01 AM   #7
Rookie

Butcher_of_Basra's Arena

@bo_jax2000

you're absolutely right, changing game speed to very slow makes it so much easier for you to identify and fill the running gap with a linebacker and getting a tackle. i started playing very slow and its alot better now.

I never adjust my D-line (except for edge rushing when its a guaranteed passing situation) but I'm gonna try that and see how it works.

@Seanzie

Yea I'm talking solo tackles.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:33 PM   #8
Rookie

Butcher_of_Basra's Arena

I've managed to get total tackles per game to around 10 for my MLB but the number of solo tackles is nowhere near what the CPU gets. I look at the season stats for the NFL and most teams have linebackers that have 78 solo tackles (by week 10) while my top tackler has 38.

I guess its impossible to get those 10 solos per game

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »