Home

"Exesscive Grieving" Has Increased My Respect For EA!

This is a discussion on "Exesscive Grieving" Has Increased My Respect For EA! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2011, 11:02 PM   #1
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
"Exesscive Grieving" Has Increased My Respect For EA!

I was just playing a guy online, for a potential cash prize and he got kicked off for "excessive grieving", giving me the win in the 1st quarter. At first, I didn't know what had happened and didn't want a win that way. However, I did a Google search about excessive grieving and it seems to be EA's way of deterring silly antics.

At the start of the game, in the team selections screen, I noticed it had "Sponsored Game" over the displayed Game Minutes and Difficulty Setting. This may or may not mean they are monitoring these "Sponsored" games. Anyway, the guy intentionally ran offssides on my extra point attempt and tackled my Kicker. I chose FG attempt again, the game continued and a few series later, he scored on his next possession on a 3rd and long screen pass for like 80+ yds. (Oh yeah, I forgot he kept taking a defender and running all over the field pre-snap.)

Ok, so after his score, on my next possession, the game disconnects and sends me a message stating "Your opponent has been kicked for excessive grieving".

If this really is EA Moderating Online play, I am very impressed!!!

PS. Just realized I misspelled "excessive" in my thread title, get over it. lol

Last edited by Big FN Deal; 09-06-2011 at 11:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2011, 11:13 PM   #2
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: "Exesscive Grieving" Has Increased My Respect For EA!

my brother got kicked out of a game for doing a QB sneak on the 1 yard line with vick and it gave him his only online loss in the game
Old 09-06-2011, 11:21 PM   #3
Rookie

Coast's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmurray20
my brother got kicked out of a game for doing a QB sneak on the 1 yard line with vick and it gave him his only online loss in the game
Old 09-06-2011, 11:28 PM   #4
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmurray20
I somehow doubt that's the reason he was kicked.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:51 PM   #5
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
he was playing in my room and i watched the game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2011, 11:53 PM   #6
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
BK, master of disaster, why would thou doubt such a realistic possibility, oh sir of sirs?

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:59 PM   #7
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

I'm still very unsure about this feature.

I was watching some live streams of people playing online matches and it was very questionable as to when and why this REALLY happens.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:01 AM   #8
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I was just playing a guy online, for a potential cash prize and he got kicked off for "excessive grieving", giving me the win in the 1st quarter. At first, I didn't know what had happened and didn't want a win that way. However, I did a Google search about excessive grieving and it seems to be EA's way of deterring silly antics.

At the start of the game, in the team selections screen, I noticed it had "Sponsored Game" over the displayed Game Minutes and Difficulty Setting. This may or may not mean they are monitoring these "Sponsored" games. Anyway, the guy intentionally ran offssides on my extra point attempt and tackled my Kicker. I chose FG attempt again, the game continued and a few series later, he scored on his next possession on a 3rd and long screen pass for like 80+ yds. (Oh yeah, I forgot he kept taking a defender and running all over the field pre-snap.)

Ok, so after his score, on my next possession, the game disconnects and sends me a message stating "Your opponent has been kicked for excessive grieving".

If this really is EA Moderating Online play, I am very impressed!!!

PS. Just realized I misspelled "excessive" in my thread title, get over it. lol
Nope you got it all wrong buddy. I've had plenty of straight games end with this. Everyone that plays in my community is very sim and we've had it pop up 3 times so far that I know of. I've had it pop up twice against 2 different people. I don't know about that 1 other time, but the 2 times it happened to me, the games were very sim and I was pissed that it happened. Knowing EA it's prolly some kind of glitch or something.

One thing I do know, they better not be monitoring games cause if they could do that, that means we could have a damn spectator mode online.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »