Home

Actinguy's Guide to Realistic Free Agency, Realistic Imported Drafts, and Fun!

This is a discussion on Actinguy's Guide to Realistic Free Agency, Realistic Imported Drafts, and Fun! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2011, 04:02 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Actinguy's Guide to Realistic Free Agency, Realistic Imported Drafts, and Fun!

With few priorities set to 100, do you see the CPU more aggressively pursue free agents at the positions with 100 priority?
Old 09-07-2011, 05:17 PM   #10
Rookie

imskykid's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Actinguy's Guide to Realistic Free Agency, Realistic Imported Drafts, and Fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by imskykid
This should come soon. Until EA changes their mindset concerning 3-4/4-3 it will remain broken and a constant headache as it's been for years, but there are some steps to take to assist in having quasi-realistic personnel.
And, here it is:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...3-debacle.html
Old 09-07-2011, 06:13 PM   #11
Rookie

What about the salary cap? on or off? Obviously I prefer "on" but it was sounding like, for some reason, that cpu signing logic was better if this was turned off...thoughts?

Secondly, I presume this will all work with Madden default draft classes? (and not just NCAA imports?). Thanks...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2011, 12:56 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by imskykid
I know there has been massive freakage over how to handle the newest opening day rosters... though the answer seems simple to me (correct me if I'm wrong).

When you start your franchise, control all 32 teams and go in and release all the fake UDFAs it puts on each team. They will disappear. If you do this all in the first week of the pre-season, the game won't force you to cut any players since you are already under the max allowed. Barring injuries, once you arrive at the regular season there should have been no major changes, unless necessary to fill spots due to injury.

Voila.
Most excellent. You, sir, are a man among gods. Is there an easy way to tell who is made up, or do I have to learn all 32-teams 53 men rosters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingLegend
I'll throw my hat back in for help if you need it man. It was really fun playing around with the stuff last time.

Although very infurating at times.
Happy to have you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryMurphMan
What about the salary cap? on or off? Obviously I prefer "on" but it was sounding like, for some reason, that cpu signing logic was better if this was turned off...thoughts?

Secondly, I presume this will all work with Madden default draft classes? (and not just NCAA imports?). Thanks...
On. Other people have reported better resigning with it off, but I like it on.

I guess it would work with Madden classes? Maybe? I don't play with Madden classes, but my understanding was that they actually work, and, as Cogsworth once said, "If it's not baroque, don't fix it!"

That's a bit of Disney humor there, for those of you who like that sort of thing.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:01 AM   #13
Rookie

imskykid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actinguy1
Most excellent. You, sir, are a man among gods. Is there an easy way to tell who is made up, or do I have to learn all 32-teams 53 men rosters?
Well, the only people you have to worry about are rookies. All the UDFAs are on one year contracts, and all other rookie draft picks should be on 4 year deals. Find those rooks on one year deals and send them packing. That just leaves real life UDFAs that made teams... Those guys you would need to figure out, I guess. Sounds like a tall task, but you only have to do it for this first offseason and the interweb always makes life easier.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:00 PM   #14
Rookie

Am I to understand, good sir, that you are not prepared to do this noble work for me???
Old 09-08-2011, 06:46 PM   #15
Rookie

imskykid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actinguy1
Am I to understand, good sir, that you are not prepared to do this noble work for me???
BOOM

58 undrafted free agent rookies made 53-man rosters in 2011, which means that UDFA rookies make up 1/32nd of the NFL.
Which UDFA’s do you think will have the biggest impact in 2011 and in the future?
Quarterbacks (2) - I really liked what I saw from Josh Portis in the preseason.
Josh Portis - Seahawks - California (PA) -
Scott Tolzien - 49ers - Wisconsin -
Running Backs (5) – Smith had 192 yards in the preseason, which was the fourth most by any player, but he also struggled with fumbles. Turner recorded 128 yards in the preseason, which ranked 20th. Evans was 45th with 96 yards. Spann was 151st with 31 yards.
Darren Evans – Colts – Virginia Tech -
Chad Spann – Colts – Northern Illinois -
Phillip Tanner – Cowboys – Middle Tennessee State -
Henry Hynoski – Giants – Pittsburgh -
Armond Smith – Browns – Union College -
Tight Ends (5) – I’m actually pretty surprised that so many UDFA TEs made 53-man rosters.
Colin Cochart – Bengals – South Dakota State –
Weslye Saunders – Steelers – South Carolina -
Mike McNeill – Colts – Nebraska -
Allen Reisner – Vikings – Iowa -
Ben Guidugli – Rams – Cincinnati -
Kyle Adams - Bears - Purdue -
Wide Receivers (4) – Williams will serve as a return man, but I think Dante Sanzenbacher will make an early impact in Chicago.
LaQuan Williams – Ravens – Maryland -
Dane Sanzenbacher – Bears – Ohio State -
Jamar Newsome – Jaguars – Central Florida -
Doug Baldwin - Seahawks - Stanford -
Offensive Linemen (6) – The Panthers kept two undrafted free agent offensive linemen.
Kevin Kowalski – Cowboys – Toledo
Cameron Bradfield – Jaguars – Grand Valley State -
Byron Bell – Panthers – New Mexico -
Willie Smith – Redskins – East Carolina -
Colin Baxter - Jets - Arizona -
Jarriel King - Seahawks - South Carolina -
Defensive Linemen (5) – Addison and Dobbs will make an early impact.
Brandon Bair – Chiefs – Oregon -
Mario Addison – Bears – Troy -
Ian Williams – 49ers – Notre Dame -
Demarcus Dobbs – 49ers – Georgia -
Quinton Spears - Browns - Prairie View A&M -
Linebackers (12) – Lots of good special teams players here.
Robert Eddins – Bills – Ball State -
Jeff Tarpinian – Patriots – Iowa -
Nick Bellore – Jets – Central Michigan -
Adrian Moten – Colts – Maryland -
Alex Albright – Cowboys – Boston College -
Mark Herzlich – Giants – Boston College -
Spencer Paysinger – Giants – Oregon -
Dom DeCicco – Bears – Pittsburgh -
Larry Dean – Vikings – Valdosta State -
Jamari Lattimore – Packers – Middle Tennessee State -
Vic So’oto – Packers – Brigham Young –
Darryl Gamble - Chargers - Georgia -
Michael McAdoo – Ravens – North Carolina -
Cornerbacks (4) – Not a lot of UDFA CBs made rosters, but Walls, Harris, and Dockery will get snaps.
Chris Harris – Broncos – Kansas -
Darrin Walls – Falcons – Notre Dame -
Kevin Rutland – Jaguars – Missouri -
James Dockery – Browns – Oregon State -
Safeties (6) – Special teams value until somebody gets hurt.
Joe Lefeged – Colts – Rutgers -
Winston Venable – Bears – Boise State -
Devin Holland – Buccaneers – Michigan State -
Isa Abdul El-Quddus – Saints – Fordham -
M.D. Jennings – Packers – Arkansas State -
Jeron Johnson - Seahawks - Boise State -
Special Teams (6) – Three long-snappers, two punters and kicker.
Dan Bailey – Cowboys – Oklahoma State -
Chas Henry – Eagles – Florida -
Christian Yount – Buccaneers – UCLA
Jacob McQuaide – Rams – Ohio State -
Ryan Donahue – Lions – Iowa -
Danny Aiken - Patriots - Virginia

http://www.reservationforsix.com/201...ree-agent.html

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2011, 07:03 PM   #16
Rookie

Way to live up to integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all you do! I am officially promoting you to 53rd-favorite OS forum person extraordinaire. For full credit (promotion to 52nd), you must sort by team.

Seriously though, I really liked what I saw out of Weslye Saunders. And I have to give QB Portis a special shout-out for being the only other person to ever attend California University of Pennsylvania (other than me) in the history of anything ever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »