Home

Playaction Does It Work for You?

This is a discussion on Playaction Does It Work for You? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Does Play Action work for you?
Yes 25 59.52%
No 17 40.48%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-06-2011, 02:48 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Playaction Does It Work for You?

Simply put how are people finding play action in Madden 12?

From my own experiences it still isn't a strong point of the series, it's the not the sack machine that it was in the early days in Madden 11 but from what'v iv played so far it never fools any Defensive players.

Before people ask iv tried calling the same run play from the same formation for consequential plays then call a PA but to no avail.

Pretty much the minute the ball is snapped the CPU is already backing up to fall back into coverage nothing seems to bite, yet if I flip it around and have the AI pulling PA on me my players routinely fall for it EVEN if the CPU hasn't run the ball at all.

Why does it seem that Madden 12 has two separate rules for the AI and the user? Why can't we get a consistent experience on both sides of the ball?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2011, 02:52 PM   #2
Pro

T5063's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Playaction Does It Work for You?

What difficulty are you playing at?
Old 09-06-2011, 03:00 PM   #3
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

i have had pa work a bunch of times from different formations but i have a favorite one i used in the browns playbook its in singleback ace pair twins called PA browns dig i have hit it a buncha times to greg little for 63,54,46,44 yard td's and few other deep but no tds but was huge gains.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:02 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by T5063
What difficulty are you playing at?

Playing on All Pro. There seems to be very little give by the CPU in buying my PA regardless of how I set it up.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:02 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

I am playin on all pro currently...I've had mixed results on Play action. some pa plays will not work at all and some will work if you are calling them in the right situtation.

my success has been mainly in throwing to the TE out of PA and making sure that the route is either going up the center of the field or putting TE in space outside the hashes.

I don't call more than 5 PA calls a game though either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2011, 03:03 PM   #6
Banned

MileHighSalute30's Arena

OVR: 10

I cannot consistently run the play action. I have had some success with it by pinching my o line, and sometimes I have to hot route a TE to stay home and block to get it to work. Most of the time though it's an instant sack for me so I seldom use it. It's almost like the PA is too slow to develop which causes instant pressure on the qb.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:08 PM   #7
Banned

I play online pretty much exclusively. Bootlegs work sometimes, but for the most part I get insta-sacked on play actions. The problem is if you run the ball successfully your opponent blitzes to stop the run, except the blitzers don't consider even looking at the RB, they just go straight for the QB.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:17 PM   #8
Rookie

What surprises me though is this screams out for DPP. Mean come on it doesn't take a genius to figure out that a trait for "Bites on play action" would lend itself quite well and pretty much solve a good few problems about play action.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »