Home

Jon Robinson and Pasta are saying that Madden12 has a 10% increase in sales over M11

This is a discussion on Jon Robinson and Pasta are saying that Madden12 has a 10% increase in sales over M11 within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 09-07-2011, 06:01 PM   #9
Pro

kjjnesb's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Jon Robinson and Pasta are saying that Madden12 has a 10% increase in sales over

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettoqball
I fall into that category. The changes to franchise excited me. Too bad most of them seem to have been implemented rather poorly.
Me too I didn't even bother to buy madden 11 when EA said they weren't touching franchise mode last year.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:12 PM   #10
Rookie

BlackJackRabbit's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Jon Robinson and Pasta are saying that Madden12 has a 10% increase in sales over

And last year Pasta reported that Madden 11 saw a 12% increase ( when compared to Madden 10) year over year, and everyone knows that sales of Madden 11 had decreased by 18% when it was all said and done.
http://www.pastapadre.com/2010/09/09...es-open-strong

This means nothing, and I don't know why you're pumping your chest. I for one am enjoying the game, but considering EA's track record with Madden this generation, good sales only make me nervous. The only thing to push EA is the threat of dwindling sales.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:21 PM   #11
Banned

WadeWilson2099's Arena

OVR: 0

I think the numbers are inflated due to the uncertainty of the NFL all summer long. For a while there it looked as if no one was going to be able to come to an agreement and the NFL season was going to be canceled. When the lockout was finally lifted everyone was so stoked to return to football that they were grabbing anything related. Even the preseason ratings were up. Madden 2012 is currently sitting at around an 80 Meta score, so i highly doubt those sales numbers will continue to climb.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2011, 06:51 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants4Natic
Am hardcore and I am not turning away from Madden.

There are hardcores and there are hard to please
Wow, really? Or maybe there are people who just expect more for their money? Or maybe there are those that have rational expectations that differ from yours. If you are completely satisfied with everything Madden is or isn't then that's great for you, but don't pass judgement on people who hold the game to a higher standard.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:55 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

Im a casual fan, but the weather in Franchise needs adressing ASAP, everything else seems pretty good to me. Passing is a bit harder, but the new tackling animations make up for it IMO

Graphics look superb

Just a shame I cant really see the effects due to raining games every other game. Sort the weather out please EA
Old 09-07-2011, 06:57 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WadeWilson2099
I think the numbers are inflated due to the uncertainty of the NFL all summer long. For a while there it looked as if no one was going to be able to come to an agreement and the NFL season was going to be canceled. When the lockout was finally lifted everyone was so stoked to return to football that they were grabbing anything related. Even the preseason ratings were up. Madden 2012 is currently sitting at around an 80 Meta score, so i highly doubt those sales numbers will continue to climb.
Yeah i agree with that, everyone went crazy. Jerseys were sold out pretty much everywere
Old 09-07-2011, 07:27 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 4

Revenue is up, not sales.....at least not since Madden 10, sales are down quite a bit. It's digital revenue that's increased a lot.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6333111...rst-week-sales
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2011, 07:49 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 5

First Madden I've bought since 2003

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »