Home

My Thoughts on Player Potential

This is a discussion on My Thoughts on Player Potential within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 09-08-2011, 08:36 AM   #17
Rookie

The Trooper 458's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: My Thoughts on Player Potential

The potential system is terrible I think.

They really ought to bin it or at least inprove it.

What if you were a QB and won 3 straight SBs and broke Marino's passing record but you couldn't get about 79 overall because you were given a 'C potential' by the developers?

The funny thing is that if that happened in the real NFL, he'd be rated 99 and given an A potential in the newest Madden.
NCAA F: Ohio State Buckeyes
NCAA B: San Diego State Aztecs
Old 09-08-2011, 08:58 AM   #18
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

I think this is a great idea by St. Francisco. I have also felt this way about progression.

I do think that the ability to edit any player on our own gives us this ability on a very rudimentary level.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:23 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cre8
I think this is a great idea by St. Francisco. I have also felt this way about progression.

I do think that the ability to edit any player on our own gives us this ability on a very rudimentary level.
It's simply another example of EA being lazy and making us do the work that should be included in the game. I mean, why would they take the time and effort to make a progression system that actually works when they know we're willing to waste our time doing it properly ourselves? EA is all about the shortcuts since the turn of the millenium.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:50 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by untrugby
the problem with the madden potential is that pretty much everyone on an NFL 53 man roster has a "B" or better potential if it was actually translated to the madden world. You see players all the time step up from being backups to becoming upper level starter in the league. Last year i think arian foster started as a 65 with "D" potential but by the final roster update he was about an 85 with an "A" potential. Did he get that much bigger, faster, stronger, smarter during the season? or was it determined by his on field performance? Potential has to be reworked. Id suggest like a previous poster that it just affects progression.
Agreed 100%
Old 09-08-2011, 09:56 AM   #21
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Trooper 458
The potential system is terrible I think.

They really ought to bin it or at least inprove it.

What if you were a QB and won 3 straight SBs and broke Marino's passing record but you couldn't get about 79 overall because you were given a 'C potential' by the developers?

The funny thing is that if that happened in the real NFL, he'd be rated 99 and given an A potential in the newest Madden.
Good points. At least for the most part we can rewards players with an A potential since we can now edit. From what I understand, swapping them to a P and making them a good kicker and swapping them back should leave them with an A/B potential.

Not sure how this will effect player roles, but in my Franchise I might note the top few standout players at each spot and before advancing past owner mode, swap them to P and back if they are C/D players and see how it turns out.

If they keep their roles (or if they were to get new ones) that would be cool. Could always save it and advanced to see if they get new roles first, then see if the change effects it (which I don't think it would). I know swapping a RE to LE will loose their roles but they'll get them back once you advance to Retirements.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »