Home

It's way after Labor Day....anyone heard anything?

This is a discussion on It's way after Labor Day....anyone heard anything? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2003, 01:26 PM   #41
Rookie

PrynceKee's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: It\'s way after Labor Day....anyone heard anything?

Well, I'm sick of looking in my mailbox every day for the game my damn self. I know things happen that complicates things like this but I don't like the way they are handling the problem. They are still sending out buggy discs to retail stores which is shady IMO. Also to the people that are saying just be patient you're right but we can't be patient for long. If no one emails or calls them do you really think they'll care the next time something like this happens? We have to continue to spam them with emails and phone calls...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2003, 03:04 PM   #42
Banned

Programmed2Kill's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:

PrynceKee said:
Well, I'm sick of looking in my mailbox every day for the game my damn self. I know things happen that complicates things like this but I don't like the way they are handling the problem. They are still sending out buggy discs to retail stores which is shady IMO. Also to the people that are saying just be patient you're right but we can't be patient for long. If no one emails or calls them do you really think they'll care the next time something like this happens? We have to continue to spam them with emails and phone calls...

i doubt they would send the game through the regular mail. probably FedEx or hopefully for me, UPS.

Old 09-10-2003, 06:29 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

Programmed2Kill said:
Quote:

PrynceKee said:

i doubt they would send the game through the regular mail. probably FedEx or hopefully for me, UPS.

I wish, but that would cost 'em extra. I'm this is all going bulk rate...
Old 09-11-2003, 11:03 AM   #44
Pro

grtwhtsk's Arena

OVR: 5

I think everyone has a right to be pissed off. EA could be keeping everyone informed through a press release or something on their site. Instead they choose to have their customer service people issue statements which may or may not be true. As it was in last year's game, it must be fixable. Question is, do they really care that much to get this out quickly? It's past Labor day, the football season has started, and the fixed game should be out.

In fact, I think that EA should have the stores that are still carrying the defective copies put stickers on them identifying them as such. I think a person purchasing any item has that right to know when a product is not as advertised. Anyone ever buy some jeans and see "irregular" on them? I think that's a pretty good example.
Old 09-11-2003, 12:16 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

grtwhtsk said:
I think everyone has a right to be pissed off. EA could be keeping everyone informed through a press release or something on their site. Instead they choose to have their customer service people issue statements which may or may not be true. As it was in last year's game, it must be fixable. Question is, do they really care that much to get this out quickly? It's past Labor day, the football season has started, and the fixed game should be out.

In fact, I think that EA should have the stores that are still carrying the defective copies put stickers on them identifying them as such. I think a person purchasing any item has that right to know when a product is not as advertised. Anyone ever buy some jeans and see "irregular" on them? I think that's a pretty good example.

This is what's most aggrevating. EA is acting like there is no problem. The only way to find out is to buy the game and try to import the draft class. By then you've already opened the game which makes it unreturnable to most stores and you are stuck with it until they send you a fixed disk. They already have your money and there is no incentive for them to rush you a disk. This bug isn't common knowledge, so its not like they are trying to save face or anything. They are simply going to appease a tiny fraction of Madden buyers who actually use this feature. I have been playing EA games for over 10 years and this is makes me want to never spend another cent on them.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2003, 07:31 AM   #46
Pro

DoubleDeuce's Arena

OVR: 6

Class action lawsuit anyone?
Old 09-12-2003, 07:43 AM   #47
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:

DoubleDeuce said:
Class action lawsuit anyone?

Yeah if you live in California.
Old 09-12-2003, 09:18 AM   #48
Pro

BiggestKJ's Arena

OVR: 10

Guys, you're only making it harder for yourself...It's just like at work, if you keep looking at your clock, time's gonna run slow...If you keep buggin' yourself about the replacement disk, it's gonna seem even slower to get 'em

Here's my solution...Don't ever look at your clock at work and find something to do to keep you busy...

Same goes with the whole Madden situation...Don't bug yourself about it and BUY ESPN Football...I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT...simply superb game...It's been keeping me busy, and I haven't even picked up Madden ever since I got ESPN.

I also had Madden since August 11th, but right now ESPN and NCAA has sooth my worries...Don't bug yourself, play ESPN or NCAA for now...and the next thing you know...you're replacement disk is in the mail.

hope it works out for all you guys

by the way....what was Madden again?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »