Home

Troy Polamalu Cant Tackle???

This is a discussion on Troy Polamalu Cant Tackle??? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 09-08-2011, 10:16 AM   #1
Rookie

ruskoz's Arena

OVR: 1
Troy Polamalu Cant Tackle???

All though he has a 99 rating, I have noticed that Troy Polamalu cant tackle anyone...they just push him off and he has this issue were it is really hard to get a clean square hit with him...there is something wrong with his representation.

I have hardly ever seen him miss a one-on-one tackle in the open field. In this game he misses that tackle 70% of the time. 99 rating for a SS means the guy should be able to tackle...

Can anyone else confirm this.

Last edited by ruskoz; 09-08-2011 at 10:18 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2011, 10:21 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Troy Polamalu Cant Tackle???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskoz
All though he has a 99 rating, I have noticed that Troy Polamalu cant tackle anyone...they just push him off and he has this issue were it is really hard to get a clean square hit with him...there is something wrong with his representation.

I have hardly ever seen him miss a one-on-one tackle in the open field. In this game he misses that tackle 70% of the time. 99 rating for a SS means the guy should be able to tackle...

Can anyone else confirm this.
In general I'm having tackling issues. Far too often a WR or Rb bounces off a DL or LB like the guy weighed 150 lbs. I have lowered the cpu break tackle to 25 and raised my tackling (all madden) to 45. It is much better. I still get some WTF broken tackles but now it's just once in a while.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 09-08-2011, 01:47 PM   #3
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

I have not had many issues with him tackling. In real life he is not the best wrap tackler though.
Old 09-08-2011, 01:51 PM   #4
Rookie

Ricanlegend's Arena

OVR: 0

It sounds like you trying to hit stick people on every play and that's not the right thing to do, To tackle the best thing to do is wrap him up to do this square up on him by holding left trigger and tackle him don't hit stick unless you got back up behind
Old 09-08-2011, 02:01 PM   #5
Rookie

ruskoz's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricanlegend
It sounds like you trying to hit stick people on every play and that's not the right thing to do, To tackle the best thing to do is wrap him up to do this square up on him by holding left trigger and tackle him don't hit stick unless you got back up behind
Dude...thats what I have been looking for. I couldnt find that...thx man!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2011, 02:14 PM   #6
Banned

Trag3dy's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm guessing yall either need to stop hit sticking every time, or learn to use sliders.

Although in the case of Troy, his tackling is about 5 points too low pretty much yearly. Make sure to adjust that too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »