Home

Is Madden the answer this year for football gaming?

This is a discussion on Is Madden the answer this year for football gaming? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2011, 11:14 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Is Madden the answer this year for football gaming?

its clear that ea didnt test this game before shipping their is no way that chris collinsworth would every say a linebacker is a qb or a running back is a qb the announcing is part of the game and for us to turn it off takes away from the game.we as gamers continue to justify the fact that easports disrespects us by shipping a unfinished product year after year. yes every game has bugs but the bugs in ea sports titles are record breaking.this company just flat out doesnt care about the consumer.madden 12 is ok but we have palyed better on last gen systems.if most gamers are saying nfl2k5 is their favorite football game then madden should atleast be as good as 2k5 by now.lets reward companies for good work not for garbage nba2k12 will get my money this year.ea take note u suck right now just take some time off and make a better product the guys in these forums have built a game for you by telling you what you need but u still dont listen i will not support you until you do.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:24 AM   #34
Rookie

Hell no! I just got a used copy and although ncaa played a huge part in the draft glitch i cannot believe how many problems are present in madden. Just as an example, the one draft class i loaded i ended up having the 1st & 2nd overall pick. I selected using the 1st and traded the 2nd to the redskins. You know who they took with the first overall pick? A friggin PUNTER! not only will no draft class saved prior to coaching contracts work but draft logic is still awful, fa logic awful. Not a bush fan but he was on the fa market after first season n no one bid other than me. scouting is stupid and lacks any thought. I could go on and on about tge failures of ea and i just got the game yesterday(luckily used). Ncaa messed up but at least my dynasty works out pretty well. Ill admit though ncaa screwed my madden experience over.
Old 09-11-2011, 02:35 PM   #35
Banned

balcobomber25's Arena

Madden is a mixed bag. While it is not as buggy as NCAA was it still has its fair share of issues. I wont list them here you can find them easy enough just by reading the threads here. If you played a Madden franchise in the past 5 years you've pretty much seen this already. The new hyped features are just that. Scouting is nothing more than flashy new menus. The franchise still suffers from the same staleness. The free agent bidding is decent but easy to beat out other teams at the last second.

At least NCAA feature real coaches. I was so excited this year thinking I would actually be able to start a franchise and hire Romeo Crennel as my head coach and he along with 99% of the other coordinators are no where to be seen.

The pregame introductions are both good and bad. The camera angles are spot on and provide a good level of realism but the player introductions are pathetic. And then there is the all star commentary! Which is bad enough to make a sober man drink. Chris Collinsworth has his signature 90 second rants which are to slow for the pace of the game and Gus Johnson is a mess. Half the player names they don't say just their number.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2011, 05:10 PM   #36
Banned

Soul Engine's Arena

I was very hopeful by the graphical improvements they made. I have played 3 seasons in my Dynasty in NCAA. I really enjoy it.

Franchise mode in Madden has killed it for me. Raining every week is the most insane fail in QA for any video game I have ever played.

If they fix it, it's playable. Otherwise a consumer who has played the game 13 years is gone.

Last edited by Soul Engine; 09-11-2011 at 05:16 PM. Reason: omitted word
Old 09-11-2011, 05:40 PM   #37
Rookie

I would recomend madden this year. I have always said that NCAA has been the better game until this year. NCAA was terrible especially when it came to Online Dynasty. But if you haven't played Madden in a couple years then I think you would really enjoy what madden has to offer this year.
Old 09-11-2011, 06:41 PM   #38
Banned

Most people on THESE boards are happy with is, which is fine, but when you see comments like " I got my money's worth in Madden 12, it raises my consumer red flag.

Botched commentary in an era of next-gen gaming and glitches galore, and you feel like you got your money's worth? WOW EA/Tiburon see's you guys coming and your purchases and praise of the execution of their sub-par product is what probably holds it back year after year.
Old 09-11-2011, 06:42 PM   #39
Banned

I'm basically waiting to see if commentary, updated endzones and player faces etc. are added and/or fixed, otherwise it's another crap in the toilet of a Madden season.
Old 09-11-2011, 06:54 PM   #40
Banned

balcobomber25's Arena

It would be next to impossible for them to fix commentary in a patch. They could possibly fix the delays in the audio responses such as when you score a touchdown and during the kickoff you hear Gus Johnson wet his pants with excitement that you just scored.

They need to just do away with the ESPN personalities. They are among the worst at play calling in games and in real life. The best commentary in any football game still has been the voice actors of the 2K series. They were spot on, funny and actually sounded like two guys in a broadcast booth instead of Chris Collinsworth in a booth and Gus Johnson sounding like hes at the bottom of a fish tank sometimes and other times sounding like the English language is brand new to him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »