Home

How do I stop my friend

This is a discussion on How do I stop my friend within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2011, 08:37 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
How do I stop my friend

He'll play as the Colts, go into shotgun with Peyton, sprint to one side of the field and all of his recievers follow, then gun it to a wide open reciever. If I bring outside pressure, then he just takes the snap and immediatly guns it to an open reciever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2011, 08:49 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: How do I stop my friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfootball516
He'll play as the Colts, go into shotgun with Peyton, sprint to one side of the field and all of his recievers follow, then gun it to a wide open reciever. If I bring outside pressure, then he just takes the snap and immediatly guns it to an open reciever.
Match his personnel (3 WR = nickle, 4WR = dime).

Blitz both your safeties to the side he normally rolls to + 4 other plays, and play man to man coverage with the remaining 5 players to prevent quick passes.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:52 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfootball516

Every week the other NFL teams also fret about how to stop Peyton Manning. Now the first thing I ask is what level are you playing on. Because if it's anything lower than all madden...there's not much you can do. You'll get some strategy ideas that will work here or there but basically on all pro or lower it's really easy to cheese. Especially with a good QB.

My best strategy to stop roll outs is to blitz the OLB to the outside or a corner. You'll also need to be in bump and run man coverage...maybe with a safety or two deep as back up. This way he can't gun it quick...and if he waits hopefully the blitzer will get him. In madden I find that unless you have a really fast backer...the cB is a better blitzer. I usually try to blitz with a guy with 90's speed. That often solves the problem.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 09-10-2011, 09:18 AM   #4
Rookie

illiniyak's Arena

OVR: 0

Make him put in Kerry Collins....PROBLEM SOLVED!!
Old 09-10-2011, 09:49 AM   #5
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Press those WRs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2011, 08:01 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

if he is using peyton i would say use something with 3 down linemen and a bunch of zone show blitz do it with a play thats a variation of a cover 3 that way u can get him to think blitz and maybe he will rush a throw and then start mixing in a blitz or 2 if he is rolling out of the pocket all the time maybe do a qb containbut i would say to match ur corners with how ever many wr he has on the field also
Old 09-10-2011, 08:24 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 9

Try audibling your DE's / OLBs to contain rather than rush the QB.
Old 09-10-2011, 09:35 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 24

Unfriend him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »