Home

I really do no understand this booted for griefing business... help?

This is a discussion on I really do no understand this booted for griefing business... help? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2011, 02:48 AM   #1
Banned

bingo911's Arena

OVR: 12
I really do no understand this booted for griefing business... help?

I really don't understand at all. i was playing a game in MUT, against some person who was going for it on 4th down everytime, and blitzing on everydown while i was just playing a normal offense and defense. we got disconnected ( i assumed because i got a message saying so) and i just wrote it off to a server error or something. but, the next game i play is a great game- me and a raiders fanatic are going back and forth. i throw a pick, he throws a pick, i throw a TD, he throws a TD. neck and neck. we are both passing alot with the occasional run up the gut, we basically ran the same offense. going into the 4th we're tied 28-28, and i drop back and throw a pic six. when i get the ball back i line up in shot gun and it disconnects. and this guy had michael vick on his team and used him as an actual quarterback instead of a running back under center, like most would use him, so i sent him a message telling him i admired his gameplay, and he said it told him i was booted for 'grieving'.

now, this absolutely perplexes me. i NEVER go for it on 4th down, i almost never blitz (so that when i do blitz it comes as a surprise to my opponent) and the raiders fanatic even agreed with me that i had played a totally fair game.

can someone explain to me what is going on? im really upset to have 2 blemishes on my record considering they came according to EA's new addition.

(just to be clear, i play in many sim style online franchises so i know that i am playing fair football.)

edit: im not here to complain, i just feel that i am owed answers. if my post comes off as a complaint, please know that im not intending it to be a complaint, but rather an inquiry.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2011, 11:35 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: I really do no understand this booted for griefing business... help?

No, you don't come off as complaining, I was wondering the same thing myself. I haven't lost a game for "griefing" yet, but I got a win two nights ago against a guy that I had no problems playing against. He may have gone for it on 4th and medium once or twice around mid-field, but it wasn't anything that I wouldn't have considered doing as well. Then last night I'm playing against somebody who went for it on 4th and long everytime, onsides or sky kicks after every touchdown, going for 2 on every touchdown, just not "real football" stuff and stuff that a sim-style player like myself gets annoyed at, and he didn't get booted, so I'm curious about EA's logic
Old 09-10-2011, 11:42 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: I really do no understand this booted for griefing business... help?

Well its just like everything ELSE EA does...its going to take time to iron out the kinks.. The community will be the testers. So I would expect this type of oddity within the new system for kicking people for MOST of this football season. Just the way they do things. And to their defense if it were any other company it would still have some growing pains to go through with a new system that attempts to do what its trying to do so...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »