Home

No extrapoint at the end of the week? Why was this removed?!?

This is a discussion on No extrapoint at the end of the week? Why was this removed?!? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 09-10-2011, 09:01 AM   #9
Banned

WindyCityFanatic's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: No extrapoint at the end of the week? Why was this removed?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
I've been saying this for years. We need more wrap up immersive, real life highlight type show. I'd rather have a bad one than none at all. I can always ignore it. I used to love Tony Bruno, the newspaper stories etc. And even the extra points was ok. Not great...flawed but at least I felt like I had something that was immersive. For that matter I liked the halftime show too. Was it executed well? No but it felt like a real broadcast to have them "go to the studio" and see "what's happening around the league" as well as "first half highlights".

I am forever confused by why they take stuff like this out. Fix it, make it better if you can but at least give us something. And to anyone that didn't like it or thought it stunk or was a waste...at least you could skip through it. The rest of us have nothing now.
I can't find anything in that post I didn't agree with. I really miss the Newspapers to. Them going to the studio was such a huge thing imo because the only other football game that had it was NFL2k5 and it really made you feel like you were watching a broadcast of a NFL game. At least have it in there. I noticed the "half time show" this year is pretty much the same thing as the cut scene that CBS has when they come back from commercials to start the game.
Old 09-10-2011, 09:29 AM   #10
Pro

soonermagic88's Arena

OVR: 6

It was removed this year so they could market it as a "new never before seen" feature next year.
Old 09-10-2011, 09:48 AM   #11
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

IMO, it was a waste of DVD space. There may also be royalties involved from Fran Charles, and EA may have decided it was a terrible reason to pay him. Just a guess.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2011, 10:10 AM   #12
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindyCityFanatic
yea and it sucks because if it wasnt very good then why was it in madden 11? I hate this but I can live with out it.
It was in 11.
Old 09-10-2011, 01:00 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
IMO, it was a waste of DVD space. There may also be royalties involved from Fran Charles, and EA may have decided it was a terrible reason to pay him. Just a guess.
YOu and many others thought it was a waste of space. I and many others thought it was worth having. at least if it's on the disc, you can turn it off. I can't turn it on if it's off the disc. At least replace it with something before canning it altogether. and what fantastic thing did they do with the extra disc space?

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 09-10-2011, 01:04 PM   #14
MVP

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
YOu and many others thought it was a waste of space. I and many others thought it was worth having. at least if it's on the disc, you can turn it off. I can't turn it on if it's off the disc. At least replace it with something before canning it altogether. and what fantastic thing did they do with the extra disc space?
I'll never understand people who don't want us to have options. It's already created, so they can't use the "they should put that time/energy into improving gameplay" excuse. And if they don't like it they can skip it or turn it off. I am actually not impressed with the team entrances, but I would never say take them out. I know I can always skip them.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Old 09-10-2011, 05:16 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 16

My guess as to why they took it out completely would be the fact that it completely clashes with their presentation overhaul. What good is the huge improvements theyve made to the visual presentation and broadcast style if the wrap-up/halftime show isn't visually consistent?

Although I guess the same could be said for commentary. Hopefully they come with something far better next year though, perhaps then I'll actually watch it more than twice
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2011, 05:53 PM   #16
TheSaints7

OVR:

I think they should bring it back in but improve it, i understand it wasnt class but i had potential to be great!

Last edited by TheSaints7; 09-10-2011 at 06:08 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »