Home

yes...my first blowout!!!!

This is a discussion on yes...my first blowout!!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2011, 09:27 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 9
yes...my first blowout!!!!

I started a chise playing all 32 teams and all games. I'm in week 1. The first few games were all close, down to the wire types. That's great and I want more of that. But I was starting to wonder if the game had something programmed into it to keep it close all the time.
I had noticed that whenever the cpu jumps out to a two score lead, all of a sudden he can't do anything right and my team suddenly comes to life. Same when I jumped out to a lead.

Well, I'm happy to say I'm wrong. The Colts beat me (as the Texans) 27-7. They were up 13-0 and sure enough I drove and scored (13-7) stuffed them, and was driving again. This time though I got picked and Peyton took them down the field for the score and a 20-7 lead. I never got going after that.

Even better. I was the Chiefs and beat the Bills 37-18. At one point I was up 31-0 in the first half. They scored at halftime to make it 31-7. The second half I played conservatively to not give away cheap scores on turnovers. The added a 3rd Q TD and a FG. Jamaal Charles, bless his 98 speed, gave me my first break away run of the year (the cpu already had a few) as he ran the cutback play and streaked down the middle of the field for 40 yards TD.

He had 10 carries for 103 yards at halftime. I tried to run him in the second half to go for a record but by the time he had 24 carries for 157 yards, I pulled him.

Basically I';m really happy that I'm getting different game experiences. Tight ones and dominating performances. REally happy with the gameplay this year. it feels so much more real...and more like old gen used to feel. I never had sliders works so well so fast (just a few adjustments).

btw i'm 4-3 after 7 games (I think) and I'm playing as the home team this week. That means the cpu is giving me good battles.

Thanks EA for the improvements...now if you could only fix draft logic, FA logic, leaping LB's etc.....

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »