Home

Important information regarding draft classes.

This is a discussion on Important information regarding draft classes. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2011, 01:20 PM   #1
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37
Important information regarding draft classes.

I recently discovered that turning off injuries when simming to get your draft classes is what is needed to do. I simmed the 2011 season a couple times, with injuries on and noticed this. Jeff Demps, a 91 rating in NCAA, was hurt and out my first one I simmed. He did not end up in my draft class. I then turned off injuries, and what do you know, Jeff Demps was in the draft class as well as more players it seemed like. Check it out for yourselves.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2011, 01:49 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Important information regarding draft classes.

Turning off injuries has nothing directly to do with the draft class. It picks the top 15 or so RBs and then thats it. The variation is very small it may take 16 next time. A 91 rating is high for NCAA but Im pretty sure there were atleast 12-15 players rated the same or higher in that draft class.
Old 09-10-2011, 01:53 PM   #3
All Star

authentic's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteboSSK
Turning off injuries has nothing directly to do with the draft class. It picks the top 15 or so RBs and then thats it. The variation is very small it may take 16 next time. A 91 rating is high for NCAA but Im pretty sure there were atleast 12-15 players rated the same or higher in that draft class.
It doesn't just take in ratings. I made a Senior backup QB of mine a 99 overall, didn't play a snap his senior year, not in the draft class. I also benched Luck and he didn't come out. It's not just ratings, it also takes stats into the equation. You've never tried this so maybe you should try it before you tell me I'm wrong.
Old 09-10-2011, 01:56 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

I will second what Stebo has to say. I'm not saying you're wrong, but it has been the way Stebo has described for years in Madden. I remember in past years I kept reloading my franchise and loading the draft class til Denard Robinson was in the class. Sometimes he would be in it, sometimes he wouldn't.

I have seen backups in the draft classes before(when USC was stacked at QB a few years back), so I am a bit skeptical that injury settings has much to do with it. I will try this out though. Do you turn off injuries for the entire year in Madden, or are you referring to when you simulate the season in NCAA. That is the only thing I think you may have been unclear about.
Old 09-10-2011, 01:58 PM   #5
All Star

authentic's Arena

I turn off the injuries when simming in NCAA Football, not Madden. Sorry for not stating that if it caused some confusion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2011, 02:12 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

What if you changed the guys you want to Seniors, do they come out in the draft for sure??
Old 09-10-2011, 02:28 PM   #7
Itsy Bitsy Spider

kodiak's Arena

OVR: 18
The imported draft classes only bring in 257 players,so there is no surefire way to ensure who you want in the draft class will be there.

Sent from.....
Old 09-10-2011, 04:34 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiak
The imported draft classes only bring in 257 players,so there is no surefire way to ensure who you want in the draft class will be there.

Sent from.....
It is debatable how many the class actually has...now Madden on the other hand may only CHOOSE 257 players for the actual draft. The reason I say this is b/c in previous years I have done a franchise and peeped the draft class then restarted a franchise with the SAME file and had a few extra players in this position and less in another or so...thats why my conclusion is that the issue is always on the Madden end...

If EA actually put thought into the feature it would benefit the realism they say that want to portray as a whole. Let the import fill the draft and the undrafted guys fill the FA pool. Simple as that. This would please the NCAA/Madden heads...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »