Home

what's the most realistic top end speed/acc for a 99 truck back?

This is a discussion on what's the most realistic top end speed/acc for a 99 truck back? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2011, 08:36 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
what's the most realistic top end speed/acc for a 99 truck back?

hi, in the past i've thought that CPU-generated players often have too conflicting attributes. what i mean is, most power backs are not world-class sprinters too. they usually have speed in the mid to high 80s. but the CPU will give you a 96-speed back with high trucking that can progress to 99 Trucking over a season or two.

yes, Peterson is an exception, but even he has "only" 90 trucking. and i'd say that realistically, he's at the top of his game at this point in his career; he's not going to get better physically (perhaps mentally).

so, in my quest to not use "unreal" players, what do you think is the highest Speed and ACC a dominant power back (that gets to 99 trucking if not starting with that) should have?

i'd say, realistically maybe 91, 92 stretching it for speed and maybe 94 ACC.

i remember a couple years ago Turner was about a 96 Truck with 93/96 speed ACC and i loved that. i don't think any realistic elite power pack should be faster than that if even that fast.

thoughts? again, i'm not talking 88 or 90 Trucking like Peterson or McFadden or Drew-Jones, i'm talking 99 Trucking, a brick wall on two legs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2011, 08:51 PM   #2
Banned

WindyCityFanatic's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: what's the most realistic top end speed/acc for a 99 truck back?

90 is a max speed for an all out Back that runs over defenders instead of trying to make them miss. On avg I would say that 87 is perfect for a power back.
Old 09-09-2011, 09:10 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindyCityFanatic
90 is a max speed for an all out Back that runs over defenders instead of trying to make them miss. On avg I would say that 87 is perfect for a power back.
ok, 90 speed. what say you for ACC?

thanks.
Old 09-10-2011, 12:50 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

Well in my opinion Jerome bettis and Christian okoye were the perfect power backs. Both ran mid to high 4.4's early in their career so your at about 90-91 speed. But their acc was a little on the slow side. Probably round 86-86
Old 09-10-2011, 12:57 AM   #5
Rookie

Just a shame you can't truck anyone even with the biggest backs in Madden 12.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2011, 01:03 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeks
Just a shame you can't truck anyone even with the biggest backs in Madden 12.
i felt this way too. after reading some threads from longtime posters saying drop CPU tackling to around 25, i exiperimented in practice mode.

i could with a 90 truck back break tackles at what i felt was a reasonable rate (not often but once in a while) with the CPU tackling at 35.

GotMadSkilz said to keep it around 25 so i felt 35 was not cheap.

i just want to know if having a back i take in the top of the first round with 92 speed and 90s trucking is cheap or realistic (given the high draft position).

i like playing with power backs after years of dominating with speed backs: more satisfying to run over someone than run around them.

i know about 4 years ago Turner had the perfect blend of speed and power: about 92/93 speed with 95 ACC and Trucking/Break tackle in the high 90s.

if i drafted a guy around 5th overall, would that kind of ratings be cheese? i would edit down the Elusiveness and Spin and Agility and Catching just to make sure he wasn't a multipurpose back: just a monster with pretty good speed.
Old 09-10-2011, 01:09 AM   #7
Banned

WindyCityFanatic's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsmetalbooze
ok, 90 speed. what say you for ACC?

thanks.
id say for ACC would be at a max at 92 and that is if you are at the top speed and acc point of your career.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:31 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 9

all of your points are correct. I don't know how often you get these megastar backs with speed, agility, acc, and trucking all in the mid to upper 90's. they do exist in real life though. Jim Brown comes to mind. He was a sprinter in college, weight 230 pounds in an era where the lineman were 240-250, could cut, spin, truck etc. Walter Payton was another. He wasn't big but you look at highlight reels and see how often he trucked over and through defenders. Earl Cambell was another. Break away speed, size power. I'd say AP is the closest to these guys in today's game. yeah the madden guys may be a little too good but I just take them and run.....and enjoy having a future hall of famer on my team. I had a back in M11 who although he maxed out at 85 ovr...had all those attributes in the mid to upper 90s. It was a blast. The speed seemed to be the killer though. yeah he trucked etc but he'd hit the open field with 98 speed and zooooooom. TD.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »