Home

Denver Broncos: New Talent including #15 Tim Tebow!

This is a discussion on Denver Broncos: New Talent including #15 Tim Tebow! within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 09-10-2011, 08:08 PM   #9
Rookie

Boling4Humor's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Denver Broncos: New Talent including #15 Tim Tebow!

I'm using Orton as my starter just because he fits better in coach Fox's system. Tebow is my backup and Quinn is stealing my money at 3rd string.

Llyod is my go to with D-Tom at 2 and Royal at 3.

Thomas is my starting TE and is absolutely amazing for passes. As for blocking...well...that's another story.

I upgraded the defense after Bailey went on the IR with a complete mcl tear in preseason.

My biggest problem was my CB's. So during preseason I dropped many of the guys and added Hobbs, Shephard, and Buchanon.

My skill level is somewhere in between All Pro and All Madden so I tried to manually adjust my sliders and to my dismail, it ended up very unrealistic for my first year.

I went 11-5 and I'm about to play the Falcons in the Super Bowl.

I hear playmaker's sliders are pretty tough so I'm going to start over after this year and I'm looking to be around an 8-8 record at best.

A couple of issues I've been having is how easy it is for me to sack the QB. I've been playing as a LE and RE since 06. I have the CPU's pass block at an 85 and yet I still got 18 sacks with Jason Hunter and 11 with Dumervil.

I was able to keep Orton's pass yard at his avg. in Denver. Around 3200 pass yards. But his TD and INT's were 32 and 18.

Moreno did what I was expecting during the season. 780 yards and 7 TD's with and a couple of injuries that put him out for about 4 games. McGahee is a gem. He can run any guy over and is excellent at the goal line. Lost him for the season too though so that was a downer. The guy had 7 TD's and about 500 yards. Ball had 4 TD's and ran for around 300.

Too strong an offense is an obvious issue. Not real sure what to do with the ends being so powerful tho. But it is what it is.

I almost don't want to play this super bowl. But at the same time, I'm expecting to be a pretty pathetic team once I use new sliders so I figured I might as well play through it just to experience the 2011 super bowl.
Wisconsin Badgers

Last edited by Boling4Humor; 09-10-2011 at 08:13 PM.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:21 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteboSSK
No you threw 12 INTs with Orton. He is a better passer all around on the game than Tebow is...now Tebow can make more plays with his legs though...
Mos of these interceptions were from me giving KO to much credit on his throwing abilities and trying to get the ball there. I noticed with Tebow I focus more on the WR being more open. Right now I have two games in with Tebow and I wont both. I have a better completion percentage with him. Well see after 4 games how it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricanlegend
Am going to trade for Tim tebow in my offseason and draft 2 Qb am already tired of Eli
Tebow is not the most accurate so make sure you know that or play with him before doing this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oPr00f
I was doing OK with my Broncos until i switched difficulty level, the defense could not stop anyone. Tho they do have some potential.

I am considering moving Von Miller beacuse of his enormous potential.

Since there are no offseason crimes in Madden, Perrish Cox has been a nice surprise me. has come up with some big plays.

Moreno got hurt for 10 weeks, so I have McGahee and some rookie i signed as a FA sharing the duties.

Orton is my QB...for now...
Von Miller is a beast in the game. 6 Games in he has 25 Tackles and 1 sack. This is him playing OLB and DE. Im starting to blitz A LOT more but he still slips or gets pushed around. Hoping second half of season will treat him better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHighSalute30
I use the BRONCOS, and currently have Tebow starting but only because he progresses well after a season, but I notice a bit of difference between him and KO, as KO is more accurate.

Demaryius Thomas is a BEAST at 6'3 with that 96 speed and good leaping ability, and is my #2 WR opposite Brandon Lloyd. I have Eddie Royal in the slot since his route running attributes are good, so he's a perfect fit for those complex routes.

I use Von Miller at LB only in my base 4-3, bear, nickel, and goal line formations. Most of the time I have him at end opposite Dumervil since he's an 88 at end. A whopping 9 points higher than he is at LB. I don't start Haggan or Irvin over Joe Mays, simply because I think Mays will get a good ratings boost after a season.

Moreno is my primary back, but I try to get McGahee at least 10-12 touches per game. I love that he can move the pile on short yardage situations, and I love having him and Knowshon in the backfield at the same time in passing situations.

TEs I use Fells and Thomas, but I mix in some Virgil green over Fells so I can have some nice speed in 2 TE sets. At safety I am using Rahim Moore who I always user control, and B Dawk at SS for now. Quentin Carter will probably be my starter in year 2 on my franchise. Cox obviously isn't on the team anymore, so I won't bring him back just because, and Cassius Vaughn and Jonathan Wilhite are my nickel and dime backs.

The O line REALLY needs to be beefed up at the C and G spots. Beadles and Walton just don't cut it, and why in the hell Orlando Franklin didn't get a ratings boost is beyond me. So that's how I'm rolling with my BRONCOS.
I like how you put in VG in instead of Fells with two TE sets. Im going to have to to disagree on the Beadles and Walton not cutting it. To me they are to young to jump to that conclusion. I believe if you focus your franchise on running the ball there RBK will go up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
I play coach mode, and I am starting Orton, with Quinn backing up because he had the best preseason of all 3 QBs. Tebow does have a formation I use him in.

At HB Moreno, but McGahee gets a lot of carries, and Ball gets a couple a game.

WRs, DeMaryius Thomas #3, great speed. Eric Decker at #4 but he is good, catches a lot of passes.

I know Fells is better at blocking for TEs, but I hate the amount of passes he drops, but then turns around and catches an amazing pass a minute later. With that said though he does start, but I really like Green.

O-Line just needs help.

On defense Miller plays LB except when only 1 LB in defense I move him to DE with Dumervil. Moore and Carter the safties, I am high on both of them.

Overall I think things look really good for this team, but it might take a couple of years. The one biggest thing is the QB position, What is gonna happen? Who is the right guy? I don't know yet.
That what im trying to figure out. Who is the right guy for the position. Corner back is going to be a bit funky when Champ and Andre leave. Hopefully Sydquan can come back healthy IRL and on the game.

Quote:
IRL, KO will be more solid this year with a better running game, healthier and more experienced O line, and an improved D.
Yes of course.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:26 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boling4Humor
I'm using Orton as my starter just because he fits better in coach Fox's system. Tebow is my backup and Quinn is stealing my money at 3rd string.

Llyod is my go to with D-Tom at 2 and Royal at 3.

Thomas is my starting TE and is absolutely amazing for passes. As for blocking...well...that's another story.

I upgraded the defense after Bailey went on the IR with a complete mcl tear in preseason.

My biggest problem was my CB's. So during preseason I dropped many of the guys and added Hobbs, Shephard, and Buchanon.

My skill level is somewhere in between All Pro and All Madden so I tried to manually adjust my sliders and to my dismail, it ended up very unrealistic for my first year.

I went 11-5 and I'm about to play the Falcons in the Super Bowl.

I hear playmaker's sliders are pretty tough so I'm going to start over after this year and I'm looking to be around an 8-8 record at best.

A couple of issues I've been having is how easy it is for me to sack the QB. I've been playing as a LE and RE since 06. I have the CPU's pass block at an 85 and yet I still got 18 sacks with Jason Hunter and 11 with Dumervil.

I was able to keep Orton's pass yard at his avg. in Denver. Around 3200 pass yards. But his TD and INT's were 32 and 18.

Moreno did what I was expecting during the season. 780 yards and 7 TD's with and a couple of injuries that put him out for about 4 games. McGahee is a gem. He can run any guy over and is excellent at the goal line. Lost him for the season too though so that was a downer. The guy had 7 TD's and about 500 yards. Ball had 4 TD's and ran for around 300.

Too strong an offense is an obvious issue. Not real sure what to do with the ends being so powerful tho. But it is what it is.

I almost don't want to play this super bowl. But at the same time, I'm expecting to be a pretty pathetic team once I use new sliders so I figured I might as well play through it just to experience the 2011 super bowl.
What are your plans for Tebow? Do you want him to lead the team or keep Orton until retirement?

Also what sliders are you going to go with? Do you have a link to them?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2011, 08:36 PM   #12
Rookie

Boling4Humor's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK Redline
What are your plans for Tebow? Do you want him to lead the team or keep Orton until retirement?

Also what sliders are you going to go with? Do you have a link to them?
Playmaker's sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...m-sliders.html

^Inside the link you'll find another that gives a very detailed way of handling the QB sliders. Very interesting and I'm looking forward to trying them out.

As for Orton and Tebow. I can't honestly say. I'm not expecting to do great with Orton once I start over my whole franchise, but at the same time Tebow just doesn't seem like a J Fox player and he's a risky player. You just don't know what kind of talent you would get from him game by game. Just my opinion.

I've been flirting with the idea of having Tebow sit for another season or two while I let Orton play. Sort've like Rodgers was with Favre.

Orton's contract is messed up in M12 but with the generous cap space the Broncos have, it shouldn't be too hard to sign him to a one year deal and then sign him again to a 2 or 3 yr deal during the offseason. If need be.
Wisconsin Badgers

Last edited by Boling4Humor; 09-10-2011 at 08:39 PM.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:07 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
IRL, KO will be more solid this year with a better running game, healthier and more experienced O line, and an improved D.
Well, we can dream now can't we..... Throw Orton in a trash can and lite a match....
Old 09-15-2011, 03:34 AM   #14
Banned

MileHighSalute30's Arena

OVR: 10

Well we didn't exactly see a better defense, and a better run game, and we sure as hell didn't see a better O line. Zane Beadles and JD Walton suck, and Franklin got owned all night.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »