Home

Can anyone execute a screen?

This is a discussion on Can anyone execute a screen? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 09-11-2011, 05:07 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Can anyone execute a screen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavar
Although this play has a major flaw sometimes it can work. I drop back a little further than i should and invite the pressure then pass it with some up on the stick to get it high over the heads.

The major flaw with the play is that the playside tackle blocks the DE , then when the RB catches the ball he is only 2/3 yds away from that very DE who has been blocked very close to the RB and he often can just turn and make the tackle since he's right next to the RB. The play should let that playside DE into the backfield.
LaVar, I see you're a Skins fan. What playbook do you use for the Redskins as EA's default Shanny playbook doesn't have any WR Screens.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2011, 05:31 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 16

I've had success with screens. It's definitely less cheese than it was in years past, but still able to execute them
Old 09-11-2011, 08:08 PM   #27
Rookie

Lavar's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by epochdev
LaVar, I see you're a Skins fan. What playbook do you use for the Redskins as EA's default Shanny playbook doesn't have any WR Screens.
I use the default skins playbook , only problem i have with it not enough zone blocking run plays , since its what Shanny is known for. 3 formations of 2 back sets but really Shanny runs a lot out of 2 and 3 TE sets. Didn't see any WR screens in our first game and only recall 1 RB screen.

But in terms of this thread I never get sacked doing a screen play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »