Home

Possibility of patches giving more?

This is a discussion on Possibility of patches giving more? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2011, 06:47 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Possibility of patches giving more?

Watching the NFL today I noticed that just like the post in the beginning of OS blog, I feel the same way about the MADDEN series, we need to see an overhaul, and the OP said it all in that article about NCAA, feel free to refer to that because it's a GREAT READ.

With that being said, is it possible we could actually see some commentary patches, Field updates, or even players like Cam Newton get a cyberface scan, or even just the ability to edit players with generic faces to fit better to our liking?

A little goes a long way EA, you know you can do it because you made us pay for alternate uniforms as well as AFL.... remember? Do we have to offer MORE money to them to see some well deserved changes, or is MADDEN 12' just a glorified update and we have to say wait for next year for some life?

At least patch some REAL crowd enthusiasm in there. It seems like EA is spending more money on licensing garbage Lil Wayne tunes than they are actually giving us an e-authenitic NFL experience as best they can on a console.

http://www.operationsports.com/MMChr...e-on-saturday/

MMChrisS - I salute you as a fellow gamer/consumer that would love to have the real life atmosphere, emotion, and overall feel to a modern videogame.

Last edited by Team_24; 09-11-2011 at 06:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2011, 06:55 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Possibility of patches giving more?

They better patch some of the commentary, at least the numbers for names glitch, or my Madden is getting traded in for nba2k12, no excuse for that.

But it would be nice for them to actually give us more in the patch, especially with presentation aspects-- heck I would take putting back in the EXTRA POINT show at least for the end of the year and playoffs, that way it doesn't always seem stale.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:02 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by malky
They better patch some of the commentary, at least the numbers for names glitch, or my Madden is getting traded in for nba2k12, no excuse for that.

But it would be nice for them to actually give us more in the patch, especially with presentation aspects-- heck I would take putting back in the EXTRA POINT show at least for the end of the year and playoffs, that way it doesn't always seem stale.
The game is very stale, EA is GREAT at

-Hype
-Pre-game intro's.

I would love to see something done. The crowd is non-existent and truly detached from the game, add that to some terrible commentary, and all you really have is a sub-par game that "could have been better" and with out of date cyberfaces, profile pics, stadium graphics on THE ONLY LICENSED CONSOLE NFL GAME, it falls flat, and truly takes the wind out of your sails after playing games like NBA2K and The Show which set the standard for what a sports game should be in terms of presentation and what goes on, off and on the field of play.

They need a patch, are truly capable of patching all of this for us in a timely manner as well. Why do they not help the consumer hand that feeds them instead of biting it. All of the bad outweighs the good in the game, and makes it truly boring.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:59 PM   #4
Pro

BRxSKINSx's Arena

OVR: 18

The commentary is TERRIBLE....names not being said...they repeat the same stuff over and over, no matter what...3 years into a franchise and they still say 12th year man out of Michigan, Tom Brady, gtfoh...raining every freaking game...every game feels and plays the same....if they attempt to patch the game, it'll probably be worse than it already is, if that's even possible..

Gamertag BR xSKINSx
Quote:
Originally Posted by green225
no crew again? really? i'd put my hand through a window right now if i didn't have to deal with the aftermath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSoisNiCEx414
CREW MODE is like Retro Air Jordans. & Pick Up Games are like a pair of Shaqs from Walmart.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:32 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRxSKINSx
The commentary is TERRIBLE....names not being said...they repeat the same stuff over and over, no matter what...3 years into a franchise and they still say 12th year man out of Michigan, Tom Brady, gtfoh...raining every freaking game...every game feels and plays the same....if they attempt to patch the game, it'll probably be worse than it already is, if that's even possible..
I could not agree more. Pretty sad we live in the gaming age that we do, and I have NO NFL game to play tonight after watching some great games today. Even in a small way there is NO comparison.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2011, 08:34 PM   #6
Pro

kjjnesb's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRxSKINSx
This I feel like Madden was built for Commercials Play now and E3 the game has very little substance just the same stadium fly overs with that same tune and the same commentary little variety.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »