Home

Switching control back to cpu in offseason after I've done team edits

This is a discussion on Switching control back to cpu in offseason after I've done team edits within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2011, 10:25 PM   #1
Pro

YeOldTonk's Arena

OVR: 6
Location: Foothills of the Cascade Mountains in the great PacNW
Switching control back to cpu in offseason after I've done team edits

I started a chise. Selected all 32 teams in the beginning and then did some edits to the teams.
I want to go back to just controlling one team and let the cpu have all controls for the other 31 teams. How do I do this??

Thanks.

This thing called Twitter I do sometimes

What's your thoughts? It's a game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2011, 11:02 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 25
Re: Switching control back to cpu in offseason after I've done team edits

I think you have to finish the first season before you can change teams.
Year 3 - 11-5
Old 09-12-2011, 12:38 AM   #3
Pro

YeOldTonk's Arena

OVR: 6
Location: Foothills of the Cascade Mountains in the great PacNW

Think I may have figured it out.

Go into the team that you want to change the roster functions to the cpu for.
make your changes.
back out to the Play or sim game screen.
Hit the right stick button.
Change to the team you want to adjust.
Rinse and repeat for each team.

The settings don't save if you don't back out and just switch teams in the Francise Options screen. You must back out of the options screen before you switch teams.

Only thing I found so far. Let me know if I'm totally wacked on this or not.

This thing called Twitter I do sometimes

What's your thoughts? It's a game.

Last edited by YeOldTonk; 09-12-2011 at 12:40 AM.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:00 AM   #4
Rookie

strife1013's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeOldTOnk
The settings don't save if you don't back out and just switch teams in the Francise Options screen. You must back out of the options screen before you switch teams.
Ahh, that might be the problem right there. I'm trying to change the settings while switching teams in the option mode. I'll have to check it out tomorrow. that saves a big headache for having to fill rosters and editing depth chart after the changes I made to them. Still a patch would be nice.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:15 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

When I set up the franchise, everything worked fine but in my first offseason, I'm having issues. I need to change Sim Cut Days and Scouting from user to CPU for all teams except for my Steelers. I press R3 and switch to the Titans, then bring up franchise options and make the change, which switches those categories for ALL teams, as we have already determined. Then I back out to the main screen, switch back to the Steelers, go back into Franchise Options and once again switch those two categories back to user. Again, it changes it back to user for all teams. What am I doing wrong? Like I said, this method worked fine when I first set up my 'chise. Am I just having a brain-fart and missing something simple?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2011, 10:25 PM   #6
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fringeelement
When I set up the franchise, everything worked fine but in my first offseason, I'm having issues. I need to change Sim Cut Days and Scouting from user to CPU for all teams except for my Steelers. I press R3 and switch to the Titans, then bring up franchise options and make the change, which switches those categories for ALL teams, as we have already determined. Then I back out to the main screen, switch back to the Steelers, go back into Franchise Options and once again switch those two categories back to user. Again, it changes it back to user for all teams. What am I doing wrong? Like I said, this method worked fine when I first set up my 'chise. Am I just having a brain-fart and missing something simple?
It's weird but it works: change the team YOU control to CPU for Scouting and cuts and then the other 31 teams will revert to CPU for them. Took me a few tries to figure it out.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:01 PM   #7
Rookie

strife1013's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fringeelement
There is some bug with this, if you change one of those options and than switch screens while in there to another teams its changed for all teams. However if you just want to chat.he it for one team you have to exit out to where it asks you to play or some the game and than you can change one team at a time and have it stick.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:53 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
It's weird but it works: change the team YOU control to CPU for Scouting and cuts and then the other 31 teams will revert to CPU for them. Took me a few tries to figure it out.
The weird thing is, when I change MY team to CPU, then it switches all the other teams to user. It's driving me bonkers because despite the glitch, I've always been able to make it work before.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »