Home

Are You Seeing This?!?!

This is a discussion on Are You Seeing This?!?! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2011, 11:44 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Are You Seeing This?!?!

here is what I do, I drop the injury slider down 10 in preaseon, and push it back up 10 in reg season.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:35 PM   #10
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by havokeff
It's been an issue for years. It's a problem with the depth chart that they hopefully will get to next year.
Not really a game breaker as there are some workarounds for it, but yeah, watching Vernon Davis and Patrick Willis flying down on kickoff coverage can be a little nerve racking.
What are the workarounds?
Old 09-12-2011, 12:56 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by indcolts18288
It's irritating for sure. My main problem is seeing like Desean Jackson as a DB. Thankfully this is something I've only noticed in preseason.
That one is really bugging me. They will put in your number 1 WR to play corner or nickel for the 2nd or 3rd team, even if you have 6-7 CB's to choose from.

Twitter: DeyTukErJeobs

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2011, 01:27 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by indcolts18288
It's irritating for sure. My main problem is seeing like Desean Jackson as a DB. Thankfully this is something I've only noticed in preseason.
In year 2 it started happening in the regular season. Week 3 vs the Jets (I was the bills) - santonio holmes played DB, they also made Steve Johnson play DB for a play.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:45 PM   #13
Rookie

BlackJackRabbit's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricanlegend
I remember back in the ps 2 days there was depth chart where you picked what players was going to be in kick off, kick return, punt coverage punt return heck you could even pick who was on your hand team in case of on onside kick
That was when we had formations audibles in the pause menu. That was in PS2 and Sega Genesis, but we don't have it in the year 2011. That's unacceptable, and it's why this genre desperately needs competition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cre8
I remember not getting the correct tackle stats in Madden 2005 and then moved my main LBs to the kick team to get the tackles.

To each his own!
That was seven years ago. I tend to give games more slack if they came out in 2004. The fact that we can't choose who we want to cover kickoffs at this stage of the game is ridiculous, but things that bother one person won't necessarily bother the next.

To each his own !

Last edited by BlackJackRabbit; 09-12-2011 at 01:50 PM.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:02 PM   #14
Rookie

HakeemDaDream's Arena

OVR: 2

You can sub in specific formations. Just go to the playcalling screen and click the right bumper on your controller. I did this on my field goal formation in my Chargers franchise by subbing out the backup QB for Mike Scifres, the punter who's the usual place holder.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:29 PM   #15
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

I ran a an INT back 102 yards for a TD in the 4th quarter of the 4th preseason game... with Dwayne Bowe.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2011, 02:32 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HakeemDaDream
You can sub in specific formations. Just go to the playcalling screen and click the right bumper on your controller. I did this on my field goal formation in my Chargers franchise by subbing out the backup QB for Mike Scifres, the punter who's the usual place holder.
We can, but I mean how many work-arounds are they expecting us to make to be able to play this game?

Twitter: DeyTukErJeobs

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »