Home

Default Speed Threashold Is Awful!

This is a discussion on Default Speed Threashold Is Awful! within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 09-12-2011, 06:15 PM   #9
MVP

bigball12's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Default Speed Threashold Is Awful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSL
what's bad about it? That's the whole point of the speed threshold, to narrow the playing field/differential between the fastest and slowest players. I personally have always played with the threshold at zero as I want guys with afterburners to be able to use them.
Right, but the default is inaccurate, and considering I only play online ranked matches, this is really a negative for me. they need to change the default speed threshold for online to something in the low 20's, or teens.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:17 PM   #10
MVP

bigball12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHN 3:16
remember back in the day when RB Mike Bennett-Vikings was a 98 speed he was unstoppable and he really wasn't that good in real life. But in madden speed meant everything that's why EA has a threshold now. So by having it at 0 won't it be like the old days unrealistic?
This is taking it to one extreme, but essentially yes. I am not asking for the slider to be set at 0, but they do need to lower it extensively for the ranked online matches. After a few hours of tinkering, I think that 19 is pretty accurate.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:27 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 8

Is anyone getting good results with it at zero?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2011, 06:31 PM   #12
Rookie

thrust's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigball12
Why is the speed default threshold so bad in this game? Mike Vick is being caught by players like Casey Hampton, Vince Wilfork etc. This is impossible! As soon as you move past the line of scrimmage, it seems to get better, but it still is not accurate. This is also the case for some of the fastest players in the game! Desean Jackson will burn the receiver defending him, then as soon as he catches the past, will get caught by players much slower than him. It is the same on the special team returns. When you move the slider down to a lower # (10-15), it is much better! They need to tweak this for online play!
Sorry, but, you've never seen Mike Vick get sacked?
Tweeted from Tampa Habitual Rehab Clinic
THRC
a home for the lonely
Old 09-12-2011, 06:43 PM   #13
MVP

bigball12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrust
Sorry, but, you've never seen Mike Vick get sacked?
Of course I have! But when my fatigue is fine, going against a 3-4 set and under minimum pressure, I still cannot seem to get that patented 'Vick scramble', and get a nice 30-35 yard gain. I am somewhat experienced player (I have been playing for at least a decade), there is just a clear cut flaw with the default 50 setting. Pure and simple.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:22 PM   #14
Swiitch U? lol

Rawdeal28's Arena

OVR: 33

i have mines at 40 and it is perfect right there. yeah having at 50 sucks. i tried 25 but then i couldnt catch hines ward with Stanford Routt. i even outran the whole steeler defense with Michael Bush lol.

i then kept upping it until i found 40 was the perfect setting.
I'm sure there's plenty of prostitutes you could pay if you really want vd.
Quote:
yea but will they take psn cards
Depends on what area of a hooker you would use to redeem them.

lol
Old 09-12-2011, 09:29 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigball12
This is taking it to one extreme, but essentially yes. I am not asking for the slider to be set at 0, but they do need to lower it extensively for the ranked online matches. After a few hours of tinkering, I think that 19 is pretty accurate.
Or EA should let the host of the online game decide what sliders and threshold to use.

I don't play online but this would be not being able to choose a map when you host a game in an RTS.

Host should be able to choose the field/stadium, weather, slider settings and of course the team they are.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2011, 10:23 PM   #16
MVP

bigball12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Or EA should let the host of the online game decide what sliders and threshold to use.

I don't play online but this would be not being able to choose a map when you host a game in an RTS.

Host should be able to choose the field/stadium, weather, slider settings and of course the team they are.
This would be great, but improbable. They just need to adjust the tuner.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »