Home

no psychic DBs or leaping LBs?

This is a discussion on no psychic DBs or leaping LBs? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2011, 03:35 AM   #17
Rookie

havokeff's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: no psychic DBs or leaping LBs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alifeincomplete
Indeed, I see inhuman feats of athleticism out of LBs almost every game. It's really my biggest complaint with the game at this point.
Mine too. Then I stop watching the NFL and play Madden.
Old 09-13-2011, 04:30 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 0

I dunno what you guys are talking about when you say DBs don't mirror routes. There are several plays I refuse to run because the DB runs it better than the WR. For example, Inside Cross in the Texans singleback wing trio formation. The post route for the primary receiver is incredibly flat and DBs in man coverage run it better than the Andre Johnson.

I'm testing it in practice right now, even when the DB is in front of AJ with his back turned (because this is totally proper man coverage technique) he instantly breaks in at the same time as AJ and has inside position. Combine this with the absolutely passive nature of receivers in this game and you have a recipe for interceptions every time.

edit: after some testing it appears that if you throw the ball before the receiver makes his cut it works sometimes but if you throw it as the receiver makes his break it gives the corner superhuman ability for whatever reason. psychic DBs and route mimicking are definitely still in the game though, right now i'm watching Pat Angerer run a Deep In route in sync with my slot receiver.

Last edited by NoTrouble; 09-13-2011 at 04:41 AM.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:27 AM   #19
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
I nearly chucked my controller on multiple occasions during the first couple of nights because of linebackers and DBs doing their B.S. millisecond reaction crap. I watch NFL games and I see QBs make throws, and all I can think is "that'd be a pick, that'd be a pick, and that, and that...."
Agreed 100%. EA just can't even seem to strike a proper balance with this game. Now the zone defense is OVERPOWERED in my opinion. Cats can just sit back and play a "one size fits all" zone coverage that has no holes in it because the LB's will react and make plays on balls they have no business even being around.

The two biggest reasons we have this problem are the LB reaction times being tuned way too high and the ball trajectory is too low (as it has been for like 15 years now). The LB's in this game do not jump too high IMO.

It is super-frustrating passing the ball this year for sure.

Last edited by Illustrator76; 09-13-2011 at 12:17 PM.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:34 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

It's awful. Linebackers swat down more passes in a game than receivers make catches. Cornerback win almost every one on one battle unless your receiver out runs him. Also the passes that are batted down at the line of scrimmage from the defensive line is unbelievable.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:41 AM   #21
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by AStubbs7
It's awful. Linebackers swat down more passes in a game than receivers make catches. Cornerback win almost every one on one battle unless your receiver out runs him. Also the passes that are batted down at the line of scrimmage from the defensive line is unbelievable.
Yup, again, agree 100%.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2011, 10:46 AM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AStubbs7
I wouldn't say that, but I have had games where CPU LBs had more deflections than CBs for either team.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:35 PM   #23
Rookie

I don't think so. I think this less of a problem on all pro (even on all madden). If you run a curl route then you can get open. elite TE's are guarded by LB or S on any route (not just the slant like in previous games)
Old 09-13-2011, 12:43 PM   #24
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I was using PM's sliders the other day and I lofted a pass downfield and after I replayed it, I noticed a LB in the area didn't even jump and flinch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »