Home

Anyone else seeing Real players portraits on fake UDFA?

This is a discussion on Anyone else seeing Real players portraits on fake UDFA? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 09-13-2011, 11:05 AM   #17
Rookie

HakeemDaDream's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Anyone else seeing Real players portraits on fake UDFA?

I would love to know who these random guys are. Were they former college players whom EA paid a couple of bucks to use their likeness?
Old 09-13-2011, 11:44 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by HakeemDaDream
I would love to know who these random guys are. Were they former college players whom EA paid a couple of bucks to use their likeness?
I think that at least some are EA developers.

I was confused about this too because I went to scouting and was like "... wtf... real pictures? Who are these guys?" Some of them are pretty fitting, and I like the idea of player faces as long as the DB is large enough to be able to not have too many repeats, or they don't use really obvious faces like... Rothlesburger, Brady, etc.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:38 AM   #19
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

Personally I'm turning them all into Punters because I can't be bothered running a 32 team franchise... I want to manage one team and one team only.

With regards to the pictures, it's a welcome addition, but I agree, we should be able to import our own images in their stead, especially for imported draft classes, or Superstar mode (which is still blanked out I believe... SMH) and even more so, for players added late to the game who are blanked out... (I'm looking at you Quinton Carter, Bruce Carter, Mason Foster, Greg Jones, Doug Baldwin etc.)

I've seen Kelly Gregg twice now, I've seen Sean Jones once and I just saw Thaddeus Lewis, which was quite surprising.

A couple duplicates here and there is fine, I don't mind, but when using current players' pictures for fake UDFA and having a double with an actual NFL player, then that's unacceptable. Also, the ones with the weights being off is definitely kinda off putting.
I saw one case where a 195 lbs QB (yeah I was wtf at that too) had a 300lbs DLineman's pic.

Fortunately this is few and far between, and in general it works well, but some of these little errors blow.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:21 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

Apparently I'm the only one that prefers blank faces to the fake ones. I'd be okay with the fake faces were there more than a couple hundred or so and I didn't see so many of them repeating. (This is in a franchise where I have replaced all 32 teams with teams of my creation, which means there are a LOT of fictional players. More than 1600.) Personally, I think there should be a profile setting where you can enable or disable fake portraits.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »