Home

Flats and PA

This is a discussion on Flats and PA within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2011, 01:33 AM   #9
Banned

MileHighSalute30's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Flats and PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoonie05
Look at your QB playaction rating. If it's low then obviously it's not gonna work.
Which is ridiculous. Selling the PA is one thing, but getting instantly sacked is another. Ratings be damned, that isn't right.
Old 09-13-2011, 01:58 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

I play All-Madden and this does not happen to me. But I do play as the patritots. Brady to Welker ftw.
Old 09-13-2011, 03:58 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 6

The only thing you have to worry about in the flats is waiting to long to throw the ball. If you wait and he gets super wide it makes it really easy for the defense to jump the route and it usually ends in a touchdown.

You should avoid PA. Nobody bites on it and it takes too long and ends with a sack.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2011, 04:18 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 16
I'm really not understanding all the gripes with PA that I've heard. I have had a lot of success with the playaction both against CPU and user. Does it blow up every once in a while? Sure. But I've gotten many a touchdown or nice gain out of it as well.

One play in particular I recall the defense getting into the backfield immediately, only to watch them completely bite on it and follow the runner thru the hole. Was able to hit a receiver for a nice gain. Perhaps next game I'll pay closer attention to the PA results
Old 09-13-2011, 06:55 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

I will pound the rock all day with Blount, then try a play action on 2nd and 1, and Freeman gets mounted within half a second. Nobody EVER follows Blount... they just hammer Freeman before the PA animation is even done, and I have no way to avoid it. This has happened EVERY time I use PA. It has not worked ONCE, and I've played about 30 games.

Not only that, but if Freeman magically avoids the sack by breaking free, THAT animation of him breaking free, usually runs him right into another defender before I'm able to control him and he gets sacked anyways.

It's friggen ridiculous.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:24 AM   #14
Rookie

deathsai's Arena

OVR: 2

I never use play action. The defenders immediately know that I'm using it.
Tampa Bay Lightning
UCF Knights
Old 09-13-2011, 08:31 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJQJ99
Has anyone had success throwing to the flats? When I run PA after4 or 5 successful running plays i either get sacked or none of the secondary even bit on it. Also when going to fthe flats with forte he is always tackled immediately. Any Tips?

Works if you use it right. Flats passes depend on QB acc and when you throw it. Back has to be looking to get a catch it seems. PA works IF YOU ARE SUCCESSFUL RUNNING THE BALL...JUST LIKE REAL LIFE. The cpu will ignore a play fake if he's stuffing your run. Now I do feel i get sacked more than I should on PA but that's usually a result of the cpu blitzing so much, which is again real life. Most blitzers don't stop to chase a back...the go right to the Qb. I can honestly say that if i've pounded the ball enough I can go PA successfully...especially later in the game.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2011, 08:32 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

SMH. Wow such mixed reviews with PA. I dont know how some ppl are getting lucky and not having problems with PA but I am. I am using the falcons and pounding the ball with michael turner and when I do decide to use PA it almost never works. Im either sacked or the computer just dont bite at all. The falcons run pa alot and that doesnt matter b/c the there is no read and react defense in madden. As I posted and blogged earlier on this site I am done with madden. I really wish we had another option.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »