Home

Is Madden the answer this year for football gaming?

This is a discussion on Is Madden the answer this year for football gaming? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2011, 03:03 PM   #1
Rookie

dre1919's Arena

OVR: 2
Is Madden the answer this year for football gaming?

I am an avid college football fan and fan of the NCAA College Football title, but this year they have a tremendous amount of errors and issues that were supposed to be fixed in Patch 2 and weren't. I have not yet played Madden 12, and haven't played the game franchise in a few years. However, for those of you that do (and play NCAA as well), do you consider Madden to be a better game overall and have less problems with it? I understand that Madden is an EA product and subject to the same enormous amount of errors that seem to always make it past testing (or the lack there of). But, in terms of wanting a football game to play that actually works and doesn't need a ton of work, is Madden the way to go based upon your experiences? Thanks for the opinions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2011, 03:21 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: Is Madden the answer this year for football gaming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre1919
I am an avid college football fan and fan of the NCAA College Football title, but this year they have a tremendous amount of errors and issues that were supposed to be fixed in Patch 2 and weren't. I have not yet played Madden 12, and haven't played the game franchise in a few years. However, for those of you that do (and play NCAA as well), do you consider Madden to be a better game overall and have less problems with it? I understand that Madden is an EA product and subject to the same enormous amount of errors that seem to always make it past testing (or the lack there of). But, in terms of wanting a football game to play that actually works and doesn't need a ton of work, is Madden the way to go based upon your experiences? Thanks for the opinions.
Madden is fairly decent, but it still leaves alot to be desired. Like special teams. Look at last night Packers vs. Saints, you won't see that type of electrifying special teams.

This is the first year since Bill Walsh that I didn't buy NCAA because I am tired of EA releasing buggy games and when I read the fiasco that is NCAA, I passed. I read Madden was alot better, so I bought it on special for $44. To me, it plays about the same as last years game. Special teams are bland, slants are still money plays, half the playbook isn't viable, etc.

And I will tell you this, if you are a huge NCAA Football fan, Madden probably won't fill that void.
Old 09-09-2011, 03:24 PM   #3
Pro

T5063's Arena

To me, Madden 12 is like a delicious cake thats missing the icing and decorations on top (oh, and its got a few thumb tacks in it as well).
Old 09-09-2011, 03:29 PM   #4
Rookie

Despite it's bugs NCAA is the better game still. You won't be happy with Madden so I would recommend you stick with NCAA.
Old 09-09-2011, 03:40 PM   #5
Banned

MileHighSalute30's Arena

OVR: 10

I've been away from Madden for 2 years, and luckily I downloaded the demo because I didn't think Madden could be this good. I've never played NCAA though so I can't compare the two.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2011, 03:45 PM   #6
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Is Madden the answer? I think that depends on what's the question.

The game is decent and has shown some improvement, but it isn't anywhere near great IMO.

I'm only speaking gameplay wise as that is my focus. Not a franchise guy at all so I can't speak to that.
Old 09-09-2011, 03:58 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 3

Please your own opinion because there's a lot of Madden haters. The best opinion is ALWAYS your own.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:06 PM   #8
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

OVR: 8

Madden actually reminds me a bit of NCAA with some similar bugs (player roles disappearing -Madden- vs player tendencies -NCAA-) and both have occasional freezing problems, Madden much less. Madden is less plagued by bugs, and personally I really like the franchise changes along with the game in general despite the moderate issues.

There are so many really cool additions and fun aspects to Madden this year that I am willing to overlook the flaws. NCAA is/was similar but the problems were more severe and there were more of them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »