Home

WR jump balls on comeback routes.....

This is a discussion on WR jump balls on comeback routes..... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2011, 11:06 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: WR jump balls on comeback routes.....

Mr. Scarface from (Old)Madden Central ?
Old 09-13-2011, 03:04 PM   #10
Rookie

KBscholar's Arena

OVR: 1

I had a guy doing that to me online last night. Using LT to strafe, then jumping up to grab the ball with DeSean Jackson. He did it like 3 times, then EA booted him for grieving, and I got the win. It's refreshing to see EA finally cracking down on people using exploits.
Old 09-13-2011, 03:08 PM   #11
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNoVa27
Just user pick it.......or bat it down....
..and 99% of the time you try and user pick a jump ball, they make you do that little clap your hands animation where you don't jump and let the wide receiver run for a score and when you swat it, they swat the wrong way, again leading to a big gain.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2011, 03:59 PM   #12
Rookie

trth22's Arena

OVR: 1

nope picks are easy enough. its about button timing and length of hold. it has to be about 3-5 yds before ball reaches you.

wr catch is harder.

wr jump catches require high (though not sure how high-havent tested too much) spc ctch and jmp ratings and a long time holding the triangle/Y

ive tested holding it down from the time the ball is released and i have performed some impressive jump catches even corner endzone fades with a draped cb.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:36 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBscholar
He did it like 3 times, then EA booted him for grieving.
EA kicked him for grieving? What is that? I didn't know that was even possible. Man it's a fine line between exploits and an actual unstoppable play. Like I said, I haven't seen this as a problem but I only play online, but from the sounds of it, it CAN be stopped.

Check out my In-Game updates on this twitter:
http://twitter.com/#!/SportsTextDroid

Madden 12 Stats right on my phone!
Old 09-13-2011, 05:49 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
Mr. Scarface from (Old)Madden Central ?
Yes..........
Old 09-13-2011, 07:20 PM   #15
Rookie

Aolian_Am's Arena

OVR: 2

that kicked for greiving is really dumb. in a game i was playing against a guy, he was raiders, i was chargers. only in the second quarter, score is me 7-0 me. after my 1st td on the 1st posesion he makes me go 3 and out. punt the ball, he drives to like 50 before i stop him. 4th and 3 he punts, right after he kicked it i get "attention player kicked for excessive greiving" and was like wtf. he sends me a message saying he got kicked from server.

in game last night im playing a guy who is the packers. pretty good first drive by him, but i get a pick at midfield and run to my endzone. 3 and out kick a field goal. make him go 3 and out and he decides he is going for it 4th and 10 at my 17. makes it on a verticles play on my f**** up. after seeing i should have picked the 1st time, tries again, pick this time. also i want to note that on d he was just doing the same 6 man blitz, man coverage, despite me having an answer for it after my 1st posession. he kept going for it on 4th and longs and just ran verticles, despite me making picks of him. until he quit mid 2nd quarter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2011, 11:48 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBscholar
I had a guy doing that to me online last night. Using LT to strafe, then jumping up to grab the ball with DeSean Jackson. He did it like 3 times, then EA booted him for grieving, and I got the win. It's refreshing to see EA finally cracking down on people using exploits.

That is not why he got a grieving boot. I use this play all the time online. It is a WR fade. It is not cheating when the DB can strafe constantly and it is difficult to do with the WR on all the rest of the plays. I think it is a fair play if you know how to use it correctly. Again you can strafe with the DB so why not the WR in the endzone at least??

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »